HubSpot partners earn commission on every sale of the software
The Solutions Partner Program offers agencies and companies associated with HubSpot the opportunity to earn income and special credits to climb up the tier structure. All this translates into unprecedented benefits that only HubSpot partners are eligible for, such as receiving 20% commission for selling their software to one of your prospects. But how do these inbound sales processes work and what tools should you use? From OCCAM we answer that question in the following lines.
Domain registration tool
One of the resources offered by the HubSpot portal is to keep a complete record of the domains of your potential sales.
When we talk about domains, we are referring to potential customers who have not yet confirmed their interest in acquiring HubSpot's software, i.e. they are leads of your company that have the potential to become customers and acquire the service, but with whom you have not yet had a conversation.
This list of potential customers will be shared only with your Channel Account Manager (CAM), who will assist you in the sales process. This is because the general policy of the Solutions Partners ensures that no other HubSpot professional can contact your registered prospects. This way, when you register a domain, your potential customer will have a single sales process led by your company.
On the contrary, if you do not register your prospects, HubSpot's direct sales team would be authorised to attend to them in case your lead contacts them, so you would be losing a sale with its respective commission simply by not registering the prospect's domain.
and how can you do this registration? As HubSpot Academy points out, there are three ways to do it:
- "Through the lead registration card in the contact record.
- through a mass registration via an import.
- automatically after submitting a leadform".
Business registration tool
Another option is to keep a record of customers who do need a software and may be interested in purchasing HubSpot's software, so this list gathers all your opportunities to close sales after you have made a first connection with the prospect in the discovery stage.
Domain registration and business registration are complementary, i.e. if you register a business that you have not included in your domains before, HubSpot tries to register it automatically.
so what steps do you need to take to register a business? Let's take a look at them:
- on the "Contacts" page of your HubSpot portal, click on the prospect's name.
- then, move your cursor to the sidebar and click "Add" on the "Business Sharing" card.
- fill in all the required fields with the requested information, ranging from the business name to the next steps.
- once you are done, click on "Create shared business" and you can edit or complete the information at any time.
Now, you can access key information (such as the stage or associated quote of the business) on the "Shared Business" card . HubSpot's sales team monitors all the registrations you make, so you can contact any HubSpot professional on the same page. Still, remember that the main support in the sales process is your CAM.
Selling Processes and Rules for HubSpot Partners
As part of a large partner community, there are several situations that can occur when selling HubSpot software to your prospects. Let's look at four possible scenarios:
- another HubSpot partner has registered the same domain before. In case another partner has already registered the domain for one of your prospects, there is still a chance that you get the revenue from the sale and the MRR credit. HubSpot's rule of thumb is: "The partner who closes the deal is the one who earns the commission". This means that the first company to close the deal gets the profit from selling the software to a prospect, even if their domain was already registered by another partner. For HubSpot to check this, it is essential that the customer confirms the sale in a confirmation link.
- several partners work separately on the same business, in which case the partner that receives the benefits is the one that has registered the domain, is providing services to the customer and has closed the sale with the confirmation of the prospect, among other requirements.
- hubSpot's direct sales team has already registered a domain. This scenario, which indicates that you cannot register a domain because a HubSpot sales representative has registered it before, can lead to a so-called " Partner Collaboration". If your company is actively in contact with that prospect, you can apply to register the business so that HubSpot can approve or deny your partnership offer. If accepted, you will both work together with the customer.
- hubSpot's direct sales team contacts a partner to lead a sale. This is known as "Do-It-For-Me", as HubSpot talks to a partner to lead a specific sale. This can happen to your company if HubSpot feels that the prospect could benefit greatly from working with your brand. However, in these cases, the partner does not receive a commission, but does receive an MRR credit.
How to sell in partnership with HubSpot
The last two scenarios mentioned above propose a joint selling process with HubSpot. In these cases, you will have to collaborate through a SMAC framework, which guarantees a more effective match, a better customer experience and an increased close rate for both your company and HubSpot. Let's see what the acronym consists of in four steps:
- scoping (S): The partner makes discovery calls with prospects and stays in touch with their CAM, while HubSpot must identify when they need a partner's help.
- matching (M): Here HubSpot chooses the partner best suited to a particular sale and the partnership is solidified.
- alignment (A): This is a call between the partner and HubSpot to set goals, establish expectations, identify challenges and obstacles, create timelines and a work plan, etc. All this will unify the efforts of both parties.
- closing (C): In the last phase, the partner and HubSpot maintain constant communication to close the sale successfully. Here it is essential that the partner creates the confirmation link for the customer, so that they can perceive the benefits of having made a sale.
with the knowledge you have just acquired about the sales tools and processes, you can now better develop your activity as a HubSpot partner to obtain greater benefits and move up in the level structure.