As we already know, keywords are fundamental for SEO positioning: they make our website rank organically and, if we use good keywords, this will lead us to position ourselves at the top of Google search results. However, sometimes it is not easy to find the right keywords for our business.
However, sometimes it is not easy to find the right keywords for our business, that's why we are going to dedicate this post to talk about tools that can make this process easier. Keep reading!
what are keywords and how do you search for them?
Keywords, as we have mentioned on several occasions, are fundamental to make SEO positioning work, as well as to make our website grow. The keywords we choose for our site are based on how closely related they are to our website. For example, if our website is a blog about articles related to inbound marketing, some keywords that will help us position ourselves will be: "inbound marketing", "SEO", "digital marketing", etc.
However, searching for the right keywords is not always an easy job. In general, we usually have a main keyword, and then there are the LSI keywords. LSI keywords are the keywords that help Google to know what content is being talked about on our website.
The LSI keywords aim to create an "ecosystem of words", so to speak, in which all the words related to our website are included and can be used for SEO positioning .
Therefore, finding our LSI keywords in addition to our main keyword is not an easy task, as we have mentioned before, however, we do not have to do it alone. Keyword research (also known as keyword research) is a process that aims to identify relevant keywords to position the pages of your website in search engines, taking into account your business and the users you are targeting. The main goal is to find keywords that bring visits and, therefore, improve the traffic to our website and generate conversions (registrations, purchases...).
Tools to find keywords
Due to the boom in the use of keywords and the fact that more and more companies that want to position themselves digitally perform SEO positioning, there are already many tools that have emerged to facilitate the task and help us discover our keyword field.
- Google Trends: Developed by Google itself, this is a platform that has a specific objective that can be very useful for us. What Google Trends analyses, as its name suggests, is the trend of a specific keyword. By trend we mean the evolution of a keyword over time, the number of times it has been searched for, how its search has evolved and its use.
This will be very useful for our brand as we will be able to know how in demand our keyword is and see if we can use other similar ones instead. Because, in addition, with Trends you will be able to make a comparison between similar keywords, this will help you to tell you when you hesitate for the ones that have more pull.
- Google Keyword Planner: This is another of Google's free tools and probably one of the most useful in terms of keyword research. What this tool tells you is how many monthly searches a particular keyword has in Google, depending on the country and language you select. In this way, you will know if the keyword in question can bring visits or not. It would not be logical to work with a keyword that has no monthly searches, as this will not bring any value to our website: it will not be visited for this keyword because people do not search for it .
- Google Search Console: Also another tool of the Google platform, this tool will also be very useful because it tells us what keywords users are using to find our website, allowing you to know if the keywords you are using are working and also to discover others that you were not considering and thanks to which users are finding your content.
- Ubersuggest: It is a free keyword search engine focused on finding long tail keywords from a keyword. For example, if our keyword is "video games", the platform will offer us keywords such as: "video games for children", "fun video games", etc. That is, it will offer us keywords from our keyword as extensions, it will not offer us our own words such as "console", "streaming", etc.
- Keyword Shitter: It has the same function as the one mentioned above. The disadvantage of these platforms is that many times this type of tool will provide us with keywords completely similar to ours but with a different ending (long tails).
- Google Suggest: This is a Google function that does the same as Ubersuggest and Keyword Shitter: You only need to enter a keyword in the search engine and it will show you related long tail words that users are searching for.
- Found: It is atool that allows you to find new keywords from the combination of several words. Its main advantage is that it makes the combinations automatically and, therefore, it will save you the time of doing them manually .
- Keyword Surfer: This is afree extensionthat we can download to our browser and it will provide us with the volume of searches for the keywords we are looking for directly in the Google search engine. It is only available, for the moment, for the Google Chrome browser, although it is available in any language .
- Sloove: This is a very simpletool to search for long tails of keywords. We only have to enter the keywords from which we want to extract the suggestions, and the tool will show us a list of all related keywords. In addition, by clicking on any of the words that it suggests, we are redirected to the website where that keyword is used.As you have been able to deduce throughout the post, there are countless possible tools that can help your brand with keyword research. The important thing is to take it to action and realise the importance of keywords in our inbound marketing plan and, therefore, in our SEO positioning. To know if a site is of quality or not, Google will look at many factors; one of them will be to know if the keywords with which our website is related really refer to what is being discussed in it. After all, SEO positioning seeks that we appear in the first search results when users search for content related to our keywords .
That is why we recommend that you put your keywords to work to make your online business grow with the tools we have mentioned. Let's go for it!