are you also wondering what ChatGPT is?
This name is on everyone's lips lately, and has caught the attention of several organisations worldwide. However, there are still doubts that need to be clarified, such as what it is, what it is for or what its benefits and drawbacks are.
The buzz around ChatGPT has made it go viral in the world of generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) since OpenAI launched this tool in November 2022. This new language processing AI has received billions of dollars in funding from tech investors around the world.
But why? What makes this technology so special?
We tell you all about it here.
what is ChatGPT?
The acronym GPT stands for "Generative Pretained Transformer" and was created and designed by a company called OpenAI.
This technology is an artificial intelligence-based chat system designed to stimulate conversations between businesses and consumers. One of its most novel features is that it is not the machine learning chatbots we are used to. In this case, as we have already mentioned, it is based entirely on artificial intelligence.
It is a sister model of InstructGPT that follows instructions at a prompt and provides detailed responses and is essentially a variant of the GPT-3 language generation software.
ChatGPT's dialogue format allows for follow-up questions, rebutting incorrect assumptions, recognising own errors and dismissing inappropriate requests. This machine learning model can be used to assist in a wide range of Natural Language Processing (NLP) related tasks and its high scalability makes it ideal for implementation in large-scale applications.
how does ChatGPT work?
ChatGPT understands the general context of a query or conversation and generates specific answers that are relevant to the topic being discussed. It has been trained (and continues to be trained) to understand, contextualise and provide coherent answers on its own depending on the requests.
And that is one of its main keys: in order for ChatGPT to be able to perform different tasks, it needs training.
The platform has to be asked constant questions and information has to be added, so that it can train itself automatically. The system optimises itself by learning from each "conversation" and thus improving its responsiveness.
Through this chat system, translations can be made, texts can be generated and even programming codes can be created.
Advantages of ChatGPT
ChatGPT has a variety of applications in various industries, including social networking, healthcare, customer service and financial services, which, along with its great benefits, is one of the reasons why it is so popular today.
- Multi-format - ChatGPT can create conversational AI applications such as chatbots to have natural conversations with customers and other stakeholders. This technology can analyse various types of written text, such as texts and spoken language, and provide accurate answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and customer queries.
- Scalable and effective for all types of businesses. Using ChatGPT has many advantages. Firstly, it is highly scalable and effective, making it a cost-effective option for businesses of all sizes. It is also highly accurate, with a low false positive and negative rate. ChatGPT provides a more complete conversation than other technologies thanks to its ability to analyse both written and spoken language.
- Saves time - ChatGPT uses pre-trained datasets that are already available, which means you don't have to invest time and resources in developing your model. This also allows you to implement ChatGPT and quickly benefit from its advantages. The system requires minimal supervision and can be self-learning, which means you can continuously improve its performance.
- Designed for all languages - ChatGPT uses Natural Language Processing, which is able to process and understand natural language, making it an effective tool for communicating with people who may not speak the same language or have different communication styles.
- 24/7 support. Using ChatGPT also offers some distinct advantages over traditional customer support solutions. For example, it can provide real-time support 24/7, allowing customers to get help more quickly. In addition, this chat technology can process multiple conversations at once and save time by responding quickly to queries .
- More personalised experiences - Finally, it can be used to provide a more personalised experience for customers, as it can understand the nuances of language and provide individualised responses.
Disadvantages of ChatGPT
Like any tool, ChatGPT also has its drawbacks:
- Possibility of inaccurate responses. One of the main disadvantages of using a ChatGPT for customer service is the possibility of the chatbot providing inaccurate or misinformed responses.Since GPTs are trained through trial and error, they are only as accurate as the data and algorithms they are based on.As a result, some chatbot conversations could result in frustration and confusion for customers trying to get help.
- Failure to handle complex requests - The system, when focused on customer service, may not handle complex questions or requests. Many GPTs are only trained to handle basic conversations, such as answering frequently asked questions or providing basic product information. As a result, customers can only get in-depth assistance if they have less complicated questions.
- More time than a human assistant - ChatGPTs often take longer to provide timely responses because of the time it takes for the programme to respond. GPTs need time to process and generate a response, which means customers may have to wait longer than they would with a human customer service agent.
- Lack of empathy: This chat system cannot empathise with users or understand their emotions, making it difficult to provide assistance in certain situations.
- Topic limitation. ChatGPT has limited the range of topics they can address. Since GPTs are trained on specific data sets, they can only offer advice and expertise on issues within their domain. Therefore, customers can only expect help on topics that are within their usual scope of understanding.
do you want to implement ChatGPT in your business?
ChatGPT is a very powerful tool, especially considering that it is still in the beta phase. It needs some fine-tuning to be fully reliable, but that does not detract from the fact that many companies are already adopting it in their business.
The most common uses of ChatGPT for businesses are:
- Generating blog articles: H1, H2, H3 or structure.
- Writing summaries with number of characters.
- Writing scripts for Youtube, Tik Tok or social networks.
- Adaptation of writing to a certain style or tone.
- Explanation of events or concepts.
- Generation of poems, songs or stories.
The uses you can make of this new technology are immense. ChatGPT can effectively improve customer service, but as with any technology, you need to research and choose the right solution for your business. Whether this system is right for your company or organisation depends on your particular needs and requirements. As with any technology, it is essential to consider what benefits outweigh the costs and risks.