WhatsApp Business is an application that can be downloaded for free and is designed to meet the needs, mainly, of small businesses. With it, you can communicate with your customers, show them your products and services and answer any questions they have during the shopping experience. But what are the real benefits of WhatsApp Business for businesses? We'll tell you right now, but first follow the steps to get your hands on this App:
- Download and open the WhatsApp Business app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Read the Terms of Service and if you agree, tap "Accept and continue", if you don't agree, read on and you will find alternatives.
- Select your country from the drop-down list to add the appropriate code.
- Enter your phone number, tap "Done" or "Next" and press "Ok" to receive a 6-digit registration code via SMS or call.
- Enter the 6-digit code.
- Authorise access to your contacts and photos (this will be useful for the catalogue section).
- Create the company account, select a company category and choose a profile picture.
- Tap "Explore" and "Company profile". You will be able to add important information about the company, such as business address, description, hours of operation and more.
- Start a chat to get started.
what does WhatsApp Business bring to your business?
- you build more trust with a business profile. Creating a profile just for your business allows you to project a more professional image to users. The WhatsApp Business account is linked to a phone number and provides a branded business profile. You can provide your business name, address and description, as well as add your website and email address, so consumers can immediately know who they're talking to or messaging.
- you exchange information more quickly and directly with users. With this tool you can easily and quickly exchange information with any user, so you won't lose potential customers due to lack of information and you can better manage incidents or solve problems.
- you communicate more securely. Data security must be a priority for your company, especially if you work in the Internet world. In fact, there are different laws that regulate the collection and processing of user data to ensure their privacy. One of the benefits of WhatsApp Business is that it provides a very secure encryption system that protects confidential data .
- you facilitate internal communication in the company. This app is an ideal communication channel for the day to day in your company, as it provides all the services of a private account, including the creation of groups or the opportunity to make video calls.
- you can send automated messages and design quick responses, for example, you can create welcome messages for first-time users, or even schedule out-of-hours absence messages and automate the sending of notifications to confirm the status of customer orders.
- you have the option to work with a wide variety of formats - from text and links to audio, documents and video attachments - so you can combine different strategies to reach customers and optimise conversions. And with a business account on WhatsApp Business, you can even create product catalogues so users can view the products they're interested in, rather than sending each item, price and description separately .
- you establish a more human interaction. WhatsApp Business provides a convenient communication channel with a more humanised approach without the hassle normally associated with traditional customer services. Inbound marketing and conversational marketingare also developed more effectively .
- segment users more precisely. One of the biggest benefits of WhatsApp Business for SMEs and freelancers is the ability to create groups, segment users and add tags. These features help you group users and customers into different classes to send them more personalised messages that add value. By taking into account their interests and needs, you can create targeted outreach groups for each objective of your marketing strategy. Personalised interaction also allows you to quickly assess the interest of prospects and qualify leads based on the stage of the sales process they are in .
- you can evaluate business strategies using analytics. One of the distinctive aspects of WhatsApp Business, compared to the private version, is that it incorporates analytics. Although these are not very complete, they will allow you to track the different marketing and communication strategies you have put in place. You can measure the impact of messages and know how many have been read and at what time, so you can optimise your efforts and achieve the highest possible return on investment.
Now that you know the many benefits of this application, all you have to do is make the most of it and enjoy your business.