B2B stands for Business to Business and is used to refer to the transmission of information between manufacturers and distributors of a product, i.e. a B2B strategy is about the services that one company is providing to another.
what are the keys to attracting customers and generating B2B business?
- Align your marketing and sales teams. This is a common problem in most companies, sometimes because of poor quality leads and sometimes because of communicating with them before they are ready to buy. With this methodology, B2B, what we achieve is a workflow that is constant and bidirectional. The sales department should provide information to the marketing department about the ideal customer and they can then create different offers that will help users make decisions.
- Research your ideal customer. In order to attract customers you must know what their tastes and needs are, so you will know what to offer them. It is also very important to know what the buying journey of your buyer persona is, to know the path they follow from the moment they discover they have a need until they decide how to solve it.
- Optimise the commercial process: You must accompany the customer in their sales process until they are ready to buy. One of the strategies to achieve this is to automate marketing actions, so you will create a fluid communication flow without the need to be aware of when to send each email.
- Constant flow: Not all potential customers that appear on your website are ready to buy your product or service, so the objective is to generate leads, which will allow us to communicate with them constantly, accompanying them in the purchasing process. This can be done through three means:
-Blogs: Content is always the basis of any inbound strategy, which can be shown in different formats, but you must always study your buyer persona to know in which format they prefer the information and in which channels they will find it.
-SEO: It is necessary to determine which words your prospects will type in search engines, in order to get ahead of them and create the topics that your audience wants to read.
-Social networks: Social networks also help to spread our content, they are a great channel that offers the opportunity to reach more user traffic.
- Digital analysis: After all these steps, to know if your marketing strategies are working, what you have to do is to measure the actions and analyse if the techniques you are following are paying off.
what are the benefits of B2B inbound marketing strategies?
- Simplify the work: As we said before, the sales and marketing departments join forces to create the best possible content for potential customers, and with the information from sales about all the details of the buyer persona, the marketing department will not only create the best possible offer, but will also increase conversion by nurturing leads at all stages.
- Increase brand visibility. Achieving brand recognition is possible for even the smallest of companies, as users, looking for information for themselves, have come across your brand information, which could help them solve their needs. If the audience likes the content you create, they will share it on their social networks, which will further increase your brand's visibility.
- Educate your audience: Your target audience researches a lot of information before making a purchase. By researching where and what your target audience is looking for, you will be able to lead them to you and make it easy for them to find their way around.
- Increases trust and credibility. Users don't want to be bombarded with information they don't need, they want to find the information they need when they need it. By giving your audience what they want, you will gain their trust.
- Generate quality leads: When content is non-intrusive and targeted directly to the consumer's needs, all the leads you generate will be quality leads.
- It is more profitable: B2B inbound marketing is much more profitable because it is based on creating content for people who really need your products. Investing effort in reaching an audience that doesn't need you is foolish.
- Improve your relationship with your customers. By creating valuable content for your audience, you get to know them better. With careful monitoring you will get to know what their needs are and you will be able to solve their problems.
- You will be able to easily calculate the metrics that allow you to analyse your results, among them, one of the most important is the ROI , which is improved by having a more profitable strategy.
In conclusion, the B2B strategy within inbound marketing manages to increase customer loyalty by offering them exactly what they need when they need it.