This question has become more meaningful since video marketing became a visual trend for presenting businesses, products and services.
With this format came a multitude of ways to make it happen, depending on the objectives of each brand: video tutorials to express manuals or processes in a clear and different way; testimonials to generate credibility from real profiles that are in contact with the company; cinemagraphs to surprise the viewer... And then came the trendy format: MOTION GRAPHICS.
what are they in graphic design? Have you decided to make a video and don't know if it's the right format? What do you think if we check it out together?
let's get started!
The true meaning of Motion Graphics
do you often ask yourself this question? This technique has become fashionable relatively recently and refers to the combination of different disciplines, such as photography, sound, video and graphic design - in short, visual elements brought to life with animation. Together, they make motion graphics one of the most powerful tools in digital marketing.
Some people confuse them with explainer videos, and although they are not the same, they go hand in hand. In fact, the explainer video is short and uses the animated format or Motion Graphics for a simple reason: it expresses complex ideas in a simple way, capturing the audience's attention... Until the very end.
So far, the theoretical part, but what are the real benefits of putting it into practice?
10 advantages of using Motion Graphics in your company
While a testimonial video humanises and a filmed video demonstrates a reality, Motion Graphics allows:
- Branding in motion for brands.
- Capture the audience'sattention quickly and easily.
- Explain complex things in an easy and entertainingway.
- Convey your message in a clear and attractiveway.
- Increase the user's retention of the message.
- Seamlesslycombine graphic design, animation and sound.
- Are concise, engaging and can be adapted to any digital form.
- Connect with the audience and are limited only by the imagination.
- They create eye-catching audiovisual pieces in a short time.
- They are easy to modify and within budget.
Imagine having to film a walk on the moon. How a complex new software works. How to visually represent your company's financial results. Or how the Covid-19 vaccine works in our body. All this can be done through animation and turned into a message that is easy to understand and very appealing to the user.
where to use Motion Graphics?
This type of video is highly recommended for technical, financial and strategy departments, or for those projects that need periodic revisions or updates. It is also common in presentations that require a large amount of data, tables or graphs. In short, it is very useful in:
- Events: Inauguration of a new business, suppliers meeting, meeting with your community of users, promotional actions, flashmob... Your events can be represented in a creative way and then disseminated on the network to reach wherever you want.
- Series and film headers. They add emotion.
- Videoclips. They relate the image in an original way to the song being performed. What better way to present your new song? The history of Motion Graphics began in the music sector, did you know that?
- Opening of exhibitions and presentation of projects: give the new the value it deserves.
- Institutional videos will show values, vision, ideas, achievements, activities and objectives with clear and concise messages.
- Corporate videos. Both the company and its product or service reach a greater number of potential customers.
- Animated logos. If it is in motion, it will be easier to capture the public's attention.
In reality, there is an infinite range of possibilities. If you have an idea in mind, tell us about it and we will see how to make it a reality.
Conclusion on animated videos
We started talking about "What is Motion Graphics in graphic design" and we ended up drawing the main conclusions of this story.
Marketing and production agencies have become the hope of brands to try Motion Graphics. Maybe you have already started to investigate this format, or maybe it is the first time you hear about it. Well, there is a difference between knowing how to do them and creating good motion graphics. For the latter, you not only need to know the audience's interests or workflows, but knowledge, experience, training and a lot about design. All that agencies specialised in Motion Graphics have to offer you.
We are here to answer your questions and find out from the audiovisual production what happens when you put Motion Graphics into practice. Surprisingly, they turn boring, heavy information into interesting, levitating information. And they can easily be combined with other techniques.
Before we come to the end, we would like to tell you about the beginning of this story. Motion Graphics is a trendy concept, but it has a long way to go. Its development is, above all, in the 50s, when popular music starts to be visible and takes importance in television programmes. However, in the 20s it already had a first appearance with cinema, graphic design and television. In 1960 it would start to be used concretely by John Whitney together with Saul Bass, creator of the credit titles of the film Vertigo.
The animated titles of those years were the impetus for a new form of creative, original and unique graphic design. Was this how you had imagined it?