Branded content, or branded content, is a marketing technique that consists of creating visual content that is linked to the company's brand. Its objective is that thanks to this content the company connects with the user and potential client, attracts them and establishes a relationship of trust. Now we will tell you more.
what are the main characteristics of branded content?
Like any marketing strategy, branded content also has its own main characteristics. Some of them are:
- Use of emotions and feelings to attract the audience: Not only to attract, but also to persuade, to convince that it is the best way to meet your needs. It is one of the most used and effective resources that exist.
- Create content that users really want to consume: This is used as added value, i.e. to produce content that the audience is really interested in so that the company can reach them.
- Show the values of the company's brand: It is not so much focused on showing the products or services offered, but rather the values that define the company.
- Generate impact on the user: It focuses on generating notoriety within society, i.e. that society comments and talks about the company's brand and, therefore, that it does not go unnoticed. Mentions show that this type of strategy is being carried out correctly, as the fact that the company is mentioned, for example, in a conversation between friends, shows that there is notoriety within society.
- Storytelling: Storytelling is used because the aim is to attract and connect with the audience, so emotions and feelings are appealed to through a story that represents the whole essence of the company.
- Flexibility: The technique of branded content is very flexible, which means that it can be presented in many different formats: not only can it be presented in just one, but several can be combined to compose a story or the content that the company wants to show the most.
- Co-creation: Branded content can be co-created content. In fact, it is common for the company to contact professionals in the world of audiovisual content. Together with them, they generate the content that suits their needs and that they want to show to the audience. Moreover, co-creation does not only take place with these professionals, but also with some of the company's clients. Clients provide their experiences and, in this way, they also become co-creators, as the company uses them to create its branded content.
what advantages can branded content bring to your company?
A company can benefit from multiple and excellent advantages thanks to branded content. Some of them are:
- Virality of the company: Given the formats in which the content created can be presented, the channels through which this content can be distributed are also diverse. Thanks to the possibility of sharing the content generated through multiple channels, the virality or its possibility is greatly increased. Most of the time, the channel through which the content is usually disseminated are social networks.
- Empathy with the company: When such a connection is made with the audience through emotions or feelings, the audience is likely to empathise with the company's brand, its values and processes. Empathy is a strong reason for the company to be remembered by the audience, to be engraved in their memory.
- Approach the company in a natural way: It is a non-invasive methodology, which means that it does not cause rejection by users. With branded content, the company manages to attract users in a natural way and makes them want to know more about the company.
- Better positioning of the company: Thanks to the values that are transmitted with the branded content technique, the image and positioning of the company is optimised. Likewise, the company's characteristics and the objectives it intends to achieve are engraved in the users' memory.
- Loyalty with the company: The audience's response is positive and loyalty is established between company and client. The company gets the user to trust it and turns them into a client. The most difficult part, which must not be forgotten, is to maintain this loyalty and ensure that the client does not leave.
- Gaining traffic on the corporate website: Through this technique, a large amount of traffic can be generated on the website, which favours the beginning of the user conversion process.
Finally, remember that branded content is one of the best options to gain, retain and keep customers. If you develop it within an Inbound Marketing strategy, you will also discover all its benefits. Thanks for reading us!