If you have a brand and you need to give it visibility, there are not only social networks! Often content aggregators are not taken into account when starting a visibility strategy for your brand. Even in many occasions, they are not used because of ignorance of them, but they are a great tool when it comes to publicise your business or position your company, in this post we tell you everything you need to know about them.
what are content aggregators?
They consist of a web page in which there is a collection of content generated by different companies, individuals or communities of users. The content found within them comes from thousands of different sources, shown as a link that redirects the user to the blog or specific page where the desired information is found. This helps thousands of internet users to discover new things that are based on their own interests.
Another interesting thing about content aggregators is that the rest of the users of the site can vote on your post. We are talking about articles, which means that users vote based on whether or not your content is of quality, so it is one more place to boost the visibility of your business.
what do you have to do to publish on social aggregators?
The first step to start adding information to the content aggregators is to register as a user. Creating a profile is very simple and you are only asked for basic data, so you can create as many profiles as people who manage the strategy.
Once you have created your account you must go to the configuration section to finish creating your profile. In it, you must add your photo, other data and links that direct them directly to your social networks. By completing your profile, what you are achieving is to enhance your personal brand, adding trust on the part of users.
The next step would be to upload your post to the platform, it is uploaded through a link in which you can add a small description where the user can read what it is about before clicking on the link. This description is important because it is what will make the user want to read the content of your post or not.
In order for users to find the content you offer them, you must help them to do so. By classifying your video within a theme, you will make it much easier for users of the content aggregator platform in question to access your content and satisfy their needs.
Once you have classified your content, the next step is to share, by entering the URL, content aggregators already detect the title and meta-description.
Once you have followed all these steps and managed to upload your content, what do these aggregators consist of?
- Social network: Aggregators are not an opposite or complementary option to social networks, they are another social network. They expect interaction between the whole community, just like other social networks such as Instagram or Facebook. Therefore, as a brand you also have to consider interacting and voting for other content. If you let yourself be seen commenting on forums and participating in debates, you will start to gain followers. By regularly participating and uploading content, you will be seen and gain reputation on the platform.
- Positioning: Yes, you read that right, in content aggregators there is also positioning. Within the platform there is a cover page which is the main page. All authors fight to appear on this page as visibility shoots up when that happens. If you participate in other people's content, they will participate in yours.
Advantages of content aggregators
It considerably increases the traffic inside our website as users are looking for our content within the categories of the content aggregator platform. You don't have to go after the users, the users will come to you.
For any brand, a very important element within its strategy is to have a community behind it that supports it. In the event of a crisis, having users who defend the brand and support it is a very beneficial element.
how do you build a community?
- By sharing content frequently: we must ensure that the user is always aware of us and does not forget about us.
- Interact: If you also comment on other blogs and share posts from other companies, what you will achieve is that the followers of other blogs will also get to know you, as well as reciprocal promotion.
- Take care of your followers: It is not enough to generate content of interest on a frequent basis, users have to notice that you are close to them. Interact with them, respond to their comments, be aware of their needs in order to satisfy them and you will achieve their loyalty.
- Publicise your website
If they are attracted to your content, they will remain attentive to comments and new information that your brand uploads to the content aggregator.
- Improve positioning
If you had to transport water from one place to another, the more containers you have and the bigger they are, the faster and better you will transport that water, right? Well, this is the same, if you have a blog and you want as many users as possible to see it, you will position yourself better if you need more channels. With three glasses, you will carry more water than with two. With 3 social networks, you will reach more people than with two. With the users' visits we improve our positioning within google.
Disadvantages of content aggregators
As with everything, there are also disadvantages to content aggregators.
- No international reach: The country of origin of the content aggregator is where we will be projecting our brand, this limits us when it comes to getting followers or customers in other countries. It limits our international projection.
- Traffic that does not convert: We often generate large numbers of users who come to see your content but the vast majority do not convert because they are simply getting to know new brands and comparing information.
- Requires validations: Some of the content aggregator platforms ask for more demanding requirements to be able to use them, such as verifying your content or interacting with the members of the platform itself to be able to continue uploading content.
After reading this post you won't have any doubts about content aggregators, you even know their pros and cons so, stop reading and start optimising your marketing strategy through content aggregators.
get your act together, create valuable content and your leads will grow like crazy!