lights, camera and action! What builds the brand is not the message, it is the experience that is lived with it, and what better way to immerse the user than through the format that is revolutionising the positioning of brands on the internet. Video-video and more video.
To create audiovisual pieces that are attractive and successful on social networks, blogs and brand websites, short videos are recommended. It sounds easy, but where do we start?
why should I make a video in my company? Reasons that will convince you
We all have something to tell -and you are not going to be less. Positioning, visibility, attraction, sales, message retention, conversion power... This is done with marketing techniques, including video, with a well thought methodology. Be careful, it is not enough with just any piece, you have to be very clear about what you want to achieve:
- If what you are thinking about is to present your brand values, facilities, products, processes and experiences ina simple and close way, you will not hesitate to make the most of this format.
- Motion Graphics (2D and 3D): Animation in movement to explain complex concepts in a simple way. It perfectly combines photography, text, audio, graphic design and video.
- Animated GIF: If you are into fun, transmitting visual information in a few seconds, being creative and capturing attention quickly, you will use it in your digital strategy.
- Tutorials and training pills: Need a quick explanation? Create manuals, FAQs, how-to's and learning guides in an attractive and creative way? Do it with unique videos while you tell in a natural way the steps of your project, application and much more.
- Testimonial video: Opinions count, and this is a perfect resource to tell experiences, stories, opinions of customers or employees. Interviews are the basis of this format.
- Events: Communicate in video the inauguration of your business, a meeting with your suppliers, a meeting with your users, a flashmob, a promotional action... Immortalise your best events with audiovisual production.
- 360º video. Immerse users in an unforgettable experience, with new points of view and VR sequences. Call it immersive, spherical or with a different panoramic view. It is still video and it is wonderful for virtual tours.
Video is powerful, impactful and has emotional punch. It awakens feelings and emotions you didn't even know about. You'll want it with you for a number of reasons:
- It's the best way to show the public the visible face of your brand.
- It will rank you in Google (who takes visual content into account).
- It knows the magic formula for conversion (9 out of 10 users carefully watch the videos of the brands they follow on social networks).
- Optimise time, one minute of playback is equivalent to writing almost 2 million words.
- Increase the visibility of your brand.
- Users remember more than 50% of the information they see in video.
do you dare to experience all the professional video solutions?
How to create a video for my company?
Whether you are going to create it yourself -because you have the necessary material-, or you simply want to know the stages of audiovisual production, even if you put it in the hands of expert professionals, we present you 1, 2, 3 vital steps:
- PREPRODUCTION: Where the idea is born.
Before launching into video production, you need a story that can be told and shared, something that worries you, that you like or that matters to you. If you have this need, you are on the right track, because the video will give you the opportunity to get rid of that thorn and start to capture it in the script:
- Literary, it describes everything that will be heard in the piece and involves personal actions, dialogue, brief descriptions, etc.
- Technical, usually written by the director or director after analysing the literary script, in this phase the sequences, shots, precise technical indications (camera position, decoration, sound, lighting, story board, play back, framing...) are detailed.
This is the moment to define all the means you need for your video, from the technical (cameras, tripods, tapes, drums, microphones...), to the artistic (furniture, costumes, props) and human (technical and artistic staff).
For the pre-production phase it is essential to have a good briefing and to prepare everything that will be necessary to start filming. The more planned, the better.
- SHOOTING: And the power to adapt to unforeseen events.
So far, we have planned in detail everything we are going to tell and how we are going to do it in our video, in order to avoid mistakes or surprises. And for this, it is advisable to draw up a daily shooting order where we compile everything we need to record that day, as well as the script or the person in charge of supervision.
We move on to the production, filming or recording stage. If it is a fiction production, everything must be much more measured and controlled. In this phase we must be very aware:
- The framing: The composition of the scenes within the frame depends on the point of view from which we place our camera, the lens and the shot we take.
- The light, through it we will create the most favourable atmosphere for our audiovisual piece... Shadows, illumination, warm or cold lights... Everything adds or subtracts.
- Sound: It is essential to check the functioning of the microphones, the state of the cables and headphones used in the production. It is during editing that music, effects, voice-overs and mixing with other sound tracks are added.
The recording phase requires long working days where unforeseen events can occur and must be dealt with quickly, as delays in filming can have important consequences in terms of time and money.
- POSTPRODUCTION: The final touch.
We have reached the last phase of our audiovisual production, also known as editing or montage. Here we can check the quality of the recorded material and turn it into a fluid narration, where the scenes make sense of each other. At this stage..
- The images are adjusted (light and colour).
- Sound is managed (reducing noise).
- Special effects, visual or sound, are added.
- Credits are incorporated, whenever necessary.
and the final version of the video is created! Then it's time to publish and distribute it on YouTube, Vimeo or other channels, depending on the objectives and needs of each brand.
do you like audiovisual production? At Occam Agencia Digital we love it, tell us what's on your mind.