The consumption of audiovisual content is increasing all the time, and video marketing is no longer a minor resource but a necessity in digital marketing strategies, and both social media marketing and email marketing strategies have a lot to do with it.
Video marketing is a very effective resource to attract the attention of users and your future potential customers, and what is better, to increase the engagement of your digital marketing campaign. The expression "a picture is worth a thousand words" seems to be true in the end, and it is that users stay before with what they see in a video than with what they read.
Data indicating the triumph of video in 2018:
Although it has been said since 2006, it is clear that every year is the year of video. This is unstoppable. In fact, here are some data showing that last year was also the year of video:
- YouTube has more than 1.5 billion active monthly users.
- 81% of brands have a video on their website.
- 81% of users have bought a product or service after watching a video promoting it.
- An average of 1.5 hours of video is watched every day on Internet media.
- 76% of marketers say that the video format has helped their company to increase sales.
We are going to explain why a video marketing campaign is essential for your content strategy and we will also highlight those aspects that you should take into account if you want to use video marketing campaigns on the main Internet platforms. However, first we are going to show you the state of video marketing so far this year.
The state of video marketing so far in 2019
The data shown is the result of some statistics that Wyzowl has done. The number of respondents was 613 and the sample included marketers and online consumers.
- Video usage
- 87% of companies are currently using video as a marketing tool.
- 91% of video marketers consider video to be an important part of their marketing strategy.
- 83% of marketers say video gives them a good return on investment.
- Benefits of video
- 96% of people say they have watched an explainer video to learn more about the product or service.
- 79% of people say that a brand video has convinced them to buy a software or application.
- 68% of people say they would prefer to learn about a new product or service by watching a short video. This makes video a more popular learning tool than text-based articles, infographics, presentations and pitches, e-books and manuals.
- Effectiveness of video
- 94% of video marketers say that video has helped increase users' understanding of their product or service.
- 84% of marketers say video has helped increase traffic to their website.
- 81% of marketers say video has helped generate leads.
How to adapt video to your video marketing campaigns
The first thing you need to know is that you don't need to make a big investment or carry out a complex production to adapt videos to your campaign. The fundamental thing is to define your objective and target. Also collect data and direct the user. If you want to make a good video for your video marketing campaign, pay attention to the aspects that we now mention:
- Channel: each channel has its own tricks and we recommend that you make several adaptations of the video to achieve a good result. Depending on the channel you use to broadcast your video, you will use sound, graphics or subtitles. If you broadcast on YouTube, your video should have sound. On the other hand, if it is on a social network such as Facebook, then it should not have sound because it will be viewed on mobile phones and it is best if it contains subtitles. In both cases - both on YouTube and Facebook - including graphics is also a good option, as they are very explanatory as well as attractive.
- Formats: you also need to adapt your video to various digital formats. Why? To get the most out of your video marketing campaign - YouTube recently said it couldn't resist vertical ads for its App.
- Brand presence: it is normal for the first 3 or 5 seconds to be the most relevant and where your brand is most present. However, in TV advertising campaigns, the opposite happens, as they wait until the final seconds to give greater visibility to the brand.
- Multichannel strategy: online video campaigns can be used as a complement to TV campaigns. With online campaigns you can tell a story at a much lower cost and make different videos depending on the different buyer personas you have.
- Rights: you have to be sure that your video marketing can be used without territorial or temporal limitation, so you can upload all the formats you have created to all platforms.
what do you think? You are late to start your video marketing campaign, if you follow the indications we have given you, you will achieve it efficiently.