Keywords are a fundamental part of any inbound marketing strategy. Nowadays, getting the right keywords can help you to improve your business, give it visibility and generate more relevant content for your contacts. All this, in addition, will be reflected in your organic traffic, your leads and your prospects. However, the number of searches is also one of the fundamental factors to take into account when determining your keywords.
Both to obtain the monthly search data for a keyword and to find the best keywords for your website there are great and useful tools. Today we are going to talk about 12 of them, so you can select your favourite one.
8 free tools to find the best keywords for your website
- google Keyword Planner: Google's own tool tells you how many monthly searches a certain keyword has in Google, depending on the language and country you select. This way, you will know if the keyword in question is likely to bring you visits or not. For example, a keyword that has 0 visits will not be profitable because no one is interested in it. The main advantage of this great tool compared to many of the other existing ones, as it belongs to Google, is that it provides almost 100% reliable data.
- google Trends: Again another tool from the giant Google, although this one is quite different from the previous one. With Google Trends you can find out what the trend of a keyword is, i.e. how its searches have evolved over time. Obviously, searches for words such as Inbound Marketing or Pillar Pages have been increasing over time since they were hardly known before.
Thanks to the access to the sample that the Google Trends tool gives you, you can check whether the trend of the term you are looking for is positive or negative. And not only that, you can also make a comparison of the trend of several of the keywords, something really useful when you have doubts about which keyword to use or whether or not you should use synonyms or similar words.
- ubersuggest is an excellent keyword search engine focused on finding long tail keywords based on a keyword and is one of the most effective and easy to use tools.
- keyword Shitter, with the same functionality as the previous tool, is a second option in case Ubersuggest does not convince you or if it is not available.
- google Suggest is a Google function that does the same as Ubersuggest and Keyword Shitter, i.e. it searches for keywords. Simply enter a keyword in the search engine and it will show you related long tail words that users are searching for.
- found: With this tool you can find new keywords from the combination of two or more words and it does the combinations automatically, which means you will save a lot of valuable time.
- keyword Surfer is a free extension that you can download to your own browser and provides the search volume of the keywords you want to find directly in the Google search engine. Just download it, install it in Google Chrome and select the desired language. Some of the data it provides are the monthly search volume of the keyword, the related keywords, a graph with the pages that receive the most traffic in our country, the number of words on each page, the number of times the keyword appears on our searched page, and so on
- soovle: The last free tool we will talk about is Soovle. Similar to Ubersuggest and Keyword Shitter, with it you will be able to search for long tail keywords. You only have to enter the keywords from which you want to extract the suggestions.
4 paid tools to find the best keywords
If the previous free tools have not convinced you or do not cover the needs you need, here are four more, but this time for a fee. With quite reasonable prices you can get a lot of analytical information and you can get your best keywords quickly and easily.
- moz: This powerful tool stands out above all for providing all the necessary data to start or advance with your project and is even capable of providing you with personalised recommendations to improve your content and, therefore, your positioning.
- ahrefs: Perfect for any SEO professional, it is in charge of collecting the backlinks that point to our website and their origin. It also allows you to know the worldwide position of a website, its position in relation to the competition, the evolution of positioning and domains..
- sEMrush, one of the most popular and growing at the moment, is made up of a set of marketing tools that are really useful for professionals in the sector. Its strong point is its capacity to carry out very complex and complete keyword searches. In the same way, it also allows you to monitor search engine positioning, check how the competition is evolving or review the performance of online campaigns.
- sixtrix, the last of the twelve free and paid tools that we have told you about today, is Sistrix, a set of SEO tools specialised in keyword research for SEM and SEO. It allows you to monitor the visibility index of a website and analyse the keywords with which the competition is positioned on search engines. In addition, it also allows you to carry out on-page SEO audits, monitor Google Adwords campaigns, check the validity of incoming links, etc.
After getting to know the many tools that you have at your disposal in an easy and accessible way, you just have to try and choose your favourite one. Our recommendation for a free tool is Ubersuggest, although if you prefer a paid tool, we consider SEMrush to be the best.