Knowing what an SEO strategy is and how we can optimise it to get better results and performance from our website, we will continue with some tips on elements that help us to further optimise our SEO. You can continue reading our blog article on how to optimise SEO. The three elements that we cannot dispense with are: metadescription, descriptive link text and internal links.
what is metadescription?
Meta description is an HTML attribute that provides a brief summary of a web page. Although it is not an official ranking factor in Google search results, it can be useful for SEO in several ways.
It can attract users, as an attractive meta description can make users click on your website's link instead of your competitor's. They provide valuable information, a good meta description can provide valuable information about your website's content, which can be useful for users and search engines. They also help search engines understand your website: Including relevant keywords in the meta description can help search engines better understand your website's content and rank it appropriately in search results.
In short, the meta description is an important part of your SEO strategy and should be carefully written and edited to attract users and provide valuable information to search engines.
how to write and edit meta descriptions?
Writing an effective meta description is one way to attract visitors to your website and can be an important part of your SEO strategy. Some things to keep in mind when writing and editing meta descriptions are:
- Keep them short and concise: Meta descriptions should have a maximum length of 155-160 characters, so it is important to be concise and avoid using unnecessary words.
- Use relevant keywords: Include keywords relevant to your website in the meta description so that they appear in search results.
- Make an attractive description: The meta description should be attractive to the user and make them want to click on the link. Use titles and calls to action to attract the user.
- Don't use spam or irrelevant keywords: Don't try to trick the user by including irrelevant keywords or spam in the meta description. This is not only ineffective, but can also damage your site's reputation.
- Use a natural tone: While it is important to include relevant keywords in the meta description, it is also important that it sounds natural and not like a list of keywords.
Descriptive text links
Anchor text is the text that is used in a link to tell users and search engines what content is accessed by clicking on the link. For example, in the following link: "For more information on how to optimise your internal links, visit our guide on internal links""internal links" is the anchor text of the link.
Anchor texts are important because they provide context and relevance to links and can help search engines understand the content of the page being linked to. By choosing anchor text carefully, you can also use it as an opportunity to include keywords relevant to your site. However, it is important not to overuse keyword anchor texts and to make sure they are always natural and relevant to the content of the page.
Some things to keep in mind when using anchor text are:
- Use interesting keywords: Include relevant keywords in your anchor text to help search engines better understand your website's content and rank it appropriately in search results.
- Use a natural tone: While it is important to include relevant keywords in the anchor text, it is also important that it sounds natural and not like a robotic checklist.
- Avoid link spam: Don't try to trick search engines by including spammy links or irrelevant keywords in your anchor text. This is not only ineffective, but can also damage your website's reputation.
- Use a variety of links: Avoid using the same anchor text for all your links; use a variety of links to make your site look more natural and avoid making search engines suspicious of you.
Anchor text is an important part of your SEO strategy and you should pay attention to how you use it on your website. By choosing relevant keywords and using a natural tone, you can improve your site's performance in search results.
Internal links can also help distribute the weight of a site's authority across the different pages of the site. By linking from one page with a high authority to another page on the same site, you can transfer some of the authority from the first page to the second. This can be beneficial to the page's search engine ranking and improve the user experience by allowing the user to access more relevant content throughout the site.
It is important to note that internal links should be natural and relevant to the content of the page on which they are found. A common practice is to include internal links to other pages on the site in paragraphs of text, as long as these links add value to the content and are not simply a way of trying to improve search engine rankings. It is also useful to use keywords in the anchor texts of internal links, as this can help search engines understand the content of the page being linked to.
We can see that by reviewing and taking care of these three simple elements, we can improve the performance of our website and obtain a better position in SEO. In this way, we will increase the traffic to our website and improve the experience of users and customers when they interact with our website.