To ensure that visitors to my website are having a good user experience, it is vital to have a good web usability. In the world of design, these concepts are beginning to be related, as they go hand in hand.
A good web usability is essential to guarantee a good user experience.
what is web usability?
Web usability is the degree of ease of use that a website has for users who enter and interact with it. It is a technique used so that a software can be understood and used easily and quickly by the user.
It is measured according to how functional and intuitive it can be for the user; the easier and more intuitive, the better the usability index.
A website with a good usability is one that allows the user to navigate through it in a simple, fast, intuitive, pleasant and safe way.
Principles of web usability
To be able to browse my website in a fast, intuitive and simple way, web usability is important. For this reason, it is necessary to take into account a series of principles that a good web usability must have.
- Availability and accessibility.
Availability and accessibility are two fundamental aspects. If the user cannot access my website at first hand, my website will lose all its value. Therefore, it is very important to be aware of server activity, possible broken links and mobile responsiveness
- Clarity in design.
A clear and simple design will contribute to the optimisation of web usability. The user will be able to process the information on a website more easily. The user should not be distracted by unnecessary content.
This is where the intuitive format of web usability comes into play. The mere fact that it is a website that you have to navigate intuitively (because you don't know how it works) gives you the ability to learn.
The contents uploaded to the website must be relevant to your brand. This is essential, above all, when it comes to facilitating the purchase or registration process for the user. It is important to highlight the mandatory fields and adapt the text fields to all possible answers.
- Adapt technologies
We must take into account all users who visit my website. Not everyone will be the same, so we must adapt technologies to the diversity of user needs.
Benefits of web usability
Having a good web usability can bring many benefits to our brand:
- A good user experience. As we have mentioned before, a good web usability will guarantee, for sure, that the user will have a good experience on our website.
- Acquire more traffic to your website: A simple and intuitive page will help the user to want to enter your website.
- Increase the duration of user visits to your website, this will reduce the bounce rate of website visitors.
- Improve communication and feedback with the user, thanks to the inclusion of interactive tools in web usability.
- It is a loyalty tool for users, making them want to visit the website again.
- We improve the reputation of our brand, which will generate more visits to our website thanks to user recommendations.
- Reduce the bounce rate.
- Increase sales and revenue for the company.
- Familiarise the customer with the page thanks to an easy and intuitive navigation.
Recommendations for a more usable website
- Include navigation menus on our pages. Users do not always access our content through our home page. It is important to place menus on the different pages of our website to improve usability.
- Avoid the abuse of pop-ups or pop-up windows. Too many pop-ups can be overwhelming for the user. We must distribute them coherently throughout our website.
- Do not use elements that may distract the user. Avoid using animations or other elements that distract the user from our main objective.
- Have a mobile version of our web pages. We must review and adapt the mobile version of all our web pages. This will guarantee good usability.
Usability is an essential technique for my website. If I have a good web usability, I will guarantee a good user experience. Both can bring numerous benefits to our brand. That is why the usability of my website is so important.