We know that finding the best CMS seems like an impossible task because every expert has a different opinion.
There are hundreds of content management systems on the market and each one has strengths that can be better exploited depending on the business and the use of the platform
what is a CMS?
If you are building a website for your business, you may be considering using a content management system (CMS). A CMS platform will allow you to create, manage and modify a website without the need to code it from scratch. This is great news for those who do not understand how to code for website development or design.
With some 300 platforms on the market today, selecting the right CMS for your business can seem overwhelming. When evaluating different platforms, consider the type of software, ease of use, security, community, documentation and support, customisation options, and performance, among other factors.
which CMS is right for my website?
Here are some of the most widely used and most reliable for developing your web project:
WordPress powers 38% of the Internet, making it the most popular CMS content management system on the planet. It is an ideal tool for anyone looking to use a CMS that is simple, easy and quick to set up, without the need for specialised technical knowledge.
The platform supports everything from small personal blogs to some of the world's biggest news websites.
Some of its main features are:
- Fully customisable layouts
- Mobile responsive content
- Over 57,000 plugins
- Strong SEO guarantees
- Powerful media management tools
- High performance and easy access
However, WordPress quickly reveals its limits when it comes to complex projects, as it is not designed for them.
It also requires a higher degree of vigilance in terms of security, as its popularity makes it a more important target for hackers. Even so, the majority of websites are created with the Wordpress CMS.
Wix is one of the easiest website builders on the market today. Its simplicity makes it a popular choice for novice users who want to create a website from scratch.
It offers an intuitive drag-and-drop building tool, so you can add elements to your site and manage its content without writing a single line of code.
Here are some of its main features:
- Over 500 free templates
- Optimised for SEO and mobile
- Contact management tools for subscriber lists
- E-commerce capability with product pages, payment acceptance and shop management
- Blog management tools with multiple writers and contributors
- Photo, video and media management tools
Overall, the Wix content management system is extremely versatile, which is why more and more businesses are relying on this CMS.
HubSpot CMS is an excellent CMS for businesses and marketers looking to connect with their customers.
Of all the content management software Hubspot CMS is the only one that allows you to add leads directly to your CRM. This allows you to personalise your website for individual visitors, which can help you convert them more easily into customers.
Like Wix, you don't need any technical knowledge to create your pages because it offers a drag-and-drop editor.
Here are some of its other features:
- Over 7,000 free and paid templates
- SEO optimisation recommendations.
- Management of different domains in several languages.
- Attribution reports to analyse where your leads and sales come from
- Integration with platform functions such as Gmail, Facebook Ads and Twitter.
- 24/7 security monitoring and support
Because the CMS Hub also includes marketing, sales and customer service tools, you can also record leads, run A/B tests, create email marketing campaigns and track the contact level of your visitors from the platform's main dashboard.
Drupal is a very flexible CMS designed for developers and other users with coding skills, which is why it allows you to build sites with a large volume of information that attract a lot of traffic.
Drupal has features such as:
- Ease of managing large, high-traffic sites.
- Allows you to create responsive websites and web applications that provide optimal experiences for visitors on any type of device.
- Drupal CMS integrates easily with a broad ecosystem of digital marketing technology and other business applications.
- Flexible content architecture
- Easy content creation
- Customisable for content and marketing professionals.
- Allows you to manage many of your organisation's sites and campaigns from a single platform.
In terms of security, Drupal has the best security reputation among the best open source CMSs. According to information on vulnerabilities and exposures of content management systems, Drupal has reported the fewest number of breach incidents in the market share
In summary, choosing the right CMS for your site requires weighing up a wide range of factors. You can review all the pros and cons, but ultimately the best CMS for you is the one that has the right combination of tools you need, fits your budget and suits the level of complexity required.
Most importantly, aligning your CMS with your long-term vision and the capabilities of your marketing team will set you up for success with your website or ecommerce.