Nowadays, search engines have become a very important part of the traffic that moves on the Internet, as well as improving the positioning in them. Their objective is to help users to get what they are looking for quickly and that the information they find fits their needs.
In order to make our website easily accessible, the positioning in these search engines is fundamental, as this will allow us to attract customers and gain popularity in a short time .
But how can we improve the positioning of our website in search engines? There are at least 2 ways to achieve it: through organic positioning and paid positioning. Below we present what each of these strategies consists of and which one is recommended:
what is organic positioning?
The natural positioning of a website, also known as "organic positioning", is the set of techniques focused on getting a website to be as high as possible in Google's results. The main characteristic of this technique is that it does not require any payment, so this positioning is achieved naturally.
how is natural positioning achieved?
The main objective is to reach the top positions in search results without using advertising systems, such as pay-per-click ads through tools like Google Adwords.
However, the problem with this technique is that there is a high and increasing amount of competition looking for the same thing as you. Therefore, the key question is: how can we achieve a good positioning without resorting to advertising?
There is no exact formula that tells us, step by step, how to appear in the best positions. However, experience does show us some clear clues on how to achieve the natural positioning of our blog or website:
- Create the best possible content: original, quality, frequently updated and with added value for the user.
- Take care of the navigability of our site, which means having a website that is optimally structured to offer the best browsing experience to the user, that is fast and has clear menus where it is easy to search for any information.
- Implement a good linkbuilding strategy, i.e., place internal links to other parts of our blog and also external links, so that the user spends more time browsing our website and consuming content.
what is paid positioning?
It isachieved by paying search engine owners to place your advertisement in the top positions. In this type of operation, the advertiser does not pay to display their advertisement but pays each time the user clicks on it. This is what we know as CPC or cost per click.
Benefits of using pay per click positioning (ppc)
Paid ads allow your site to appear in search results when users enter certain keywords. Among the benefits of this type of investment are the following:
- Fast results: unlike organic positioning campaigns, which can take time to improve in the search results, with this type of strategy you will be able to position your page in the first places once you pay for the ads.
- Segmentation: it is possible to segment this type of campaign to reach a specific audience that fits your objectives.
- Click-through rate: you can achieve a good click-through rate and a higher percentage of conversions, as people who search for a particular brand or product generally have a higher intention to buy.
How they differ
When people type keywords into search engines, they provide two types of results: organic and paid. Organic results are the list of web pages that best match what the user needs based on their relevance and paid results are mainly advertisements.
Owners of certain websites pay for the website to be advertised when users type in related keywords. It is possible to clearly differentiate between them, as paid ads appear before organic ads and prominently.
There are different opinions on this issue: some say that the growth of search through organic SEO far exceeds that of paid SEO, however, this is not entirely true. In recent years, Google has made several changes to its search engine, which has caused the power of SEO to diminish while paid ads are placed above organic results in the search engines.
On the other hand, it should be noted that companies cannot pay to have their ads appear at the top of the list of any search results related to the products they offer, therefore, the paid SEO method is not 100% effective.
So what is the best option? Complementing the organic technique with the paid one is the best option to take advantage of what both techniques have to offer. If you want your website to rank high in the search engines, implement paid SEO for searches related to your website. Also, develop good techniques to improve the organic positioning of your site as well.
Put these two techniques together and you are sure to get excellent results when it comes to marketing your business.