Today, instead of showing you one of our usual posts, we have created something different because we need to ask you this question: Is there anything that still makes you think that you don't have the potential that a business needs to succeed?
Well, today we want to make it clear that no one works magic with companies, nor are they showered with sales, nor have they been blessed with any gift. Behind a video that receives thousands of views there is always a person who, before recording it, has thoroughly analysed who the potential customer is who is going to see it. And behind each text, there is a copywriter who knows in detail the needs of the target audience to realise that what they are offering is important to them.
The only thing that those of us who know how to create a successful marketing strategy have is a method, and it is called Inbound Marketing.
Now that we are in the final stretch of the year, it is impossible not to spend a few minutes reviewing the latest in this methodology. Normally, you have to understand the past to build the future, so we have compiled some of the news, anecdotes and events that have taken place over the last 365 days. Of course, we have taken advantage of INBOUND 2021, the digital event of the year par excellence in the marketing sector, held in October. Three days in which the bombardment of knowledge, experience and professionalism was more intense than ever .
But what are the keys and novelties?
Remembering what Inbound Marketing is
Before getting into the subject, remember that Inbound is a commercial methodology that allows you to attract customers through the creation of valuable content and tailor-made experiences. It differs from Outbound Marketing because the latter bursts in directly presenting the audience with material that they do not always want. Moreover, it has gained great momentum in recent times as a result of new consumer and communication trends.
If you bet on useful connections to solve real problems, you are on the attraction marketing wave. Now, get ready, because today we are going to tell you about the most recent changes in the Inbound universe. Remember how to create a complete Inbound Marketing strategy through our guide (here we leave you the link).
whatever your goal, here you will find all the details you need to know to improve your digital strategy in the coming year, making it generate value for your community and differentiate yourself from the competition.
Are you ready?
3 things INBOUND 2021 has left us with
There are many formulas, templates and tips on Inbound and they are free, but they are useless if you don't have a method to get to that point where your head clicks and you can clearly see what your audience needs to hear to convince them.
That's why, every year, we attend the biggest Inbound Marketing event held by HubSpot, either remotely or in person. This year, we have attended some of their most interesting virtual conferences with professionals from the sector.
we tell you what they are!
HubSpot co-founders Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah launched the latest developments in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to the world, and were joined later in the conference by Chief Product Officer Christopher O'Donnell to give the green light to what's new in the software.
Here are the most important changes:
"72% increased, 24% stayed the same, 5% decreased. Most people think of video as an engaging way to get attention, but videos are also the best way to educate a customer, to schedule a live meeting (by sending a short demo video) and to walk the user through a response. It's part of the sales process. What's more, it serves to help the user move through the buying cycle."
As Lessard points out, "at any time, we can book a call for next week, and instead of writing a long email explaining why or summarising the key points of the meeting, what can you do?
As a result of the bespoke videos recorded during the buying cycle, salespeople create a better customer experience with the company. In the end, the team is investing time and effort in recording personalised videos tailored to each stage of the sales cycle, so they expect to generate a better experience as well as productivity. This is very interesting because "many of us think of video as cumbersome and slow, but when you use it effectively, it can save a huge amount of time".
- how can a small marketing studio make an efficient video strategy?
- how to create an impressive video pitch?
- When we talk about content, we quickly think of blog posts, but content is anything written or spoken by a company to its consumers, so it includes many different things.
- Many companies simply follow the trends of other businesses to be benchmarks, but that gets in the way of them delivering to the audience what they really need. Sometimes their communities require a certain type of content, so before they generate blog posts, social media copy, send emails, generate eBooks, etc., they need to listen to the concerns, needs and problems of the people they are targeting.
- First you need to focus on the community to understand their needs and then deliver the appropriate content, being empathetic with them and putting yourself in their shoes to know what they need at all times.
- The most important thing when creating content is to deliver value to the audience. However, many companies forget to solve their customers' problems and are not aware of it. Moreover, they spend too much time writing content, but too little time thinking about how they are going to distribute it. In short, many businesses do not exploit content marketing as they should.
- The most common mistakes companies make in their content strategy are: lack of listening, lack of empathy, writing without knowing the potential customer, their problems and concerns, lack of value and lack of consumer orientation.
Inbound's key findings for 2022 - let's practice what we've been told!
Only that which evolves is capable of generating noise. The novelties gathered in this post on Inbound Marketing strategies are not only the reflection of a methodology that continues to advance, but also the new keys that are added to marketing to achieve success.
At Occam Digital Agency, we are specialists in this methodology, we trust in its fruits and we have the services that brands currently need to improve their results: from web design, Inbound landing in their business (with their respective phases and onboarding), definition of the buyer persona, monitoring of the buyer journey and website audit, to the management of social networks, content marketing (keyword research, writing, publishing and distribution), video marketing strategy, analysis and measurement of the results of the strategy.
If you have read this post carefully, we can assure you that you are already halfway there. What cannot be measured, cannot be improved. And what is not improved, falls into oblivion.
make your corporate wishes for the new year and let them come true with Inbound!