Since everything communicates, as we have already said once or twice... Today we are going to talk about one of the fastest and least expensive ways to promote yourself, which isword of mouth marketing.
The brand image is what people think of our company, that is, what the external public perceives of us, this can make them talk about us positively or negatively, hence the importance of reputation, in this case reputation managed throughdigital word of mouth.
Word of mouth marketing is one of the most important tools a company can have, and word of mouth can also be promoted throughreviews or opinions.
A clear example of customers can be influencers, including the press, bloggers and high-profile executives, who are known as gurus in their sector. They are people with authority and credibility.
It should be noted that word of mouth is based on third generation marketing, i.e. in the first generation it was all about products, in the second generation it was all about relationships, and in the third generation companies play an almost secondary role.
And now...how do I get my customers to give their opinion?
- If you are just starting out and have no customers:
- Offer free services or products in exchange for testimonials.
- Get feedback from social networks
- Interview one or more customers.
- Create a form in Google Docs or WUFFO.
- External review platforms such as TripAdvisor in the tourism sector.
- Viralise, so that your own customers become prescribers of your business in exchange for something.
Inaddition, we could also name the brand advocate, a loyal customer who believes in you and your business. These are starprescribers.
On the other hand, it is also important to know your customers and non-customers in depth, to identify those keywords that are used to talk about our product. But not everything is good, as the company can also receive negative opinions, how do we deal with that?
- Review what happened.
- Look for the solution/expectation management.
- Issue a management response: never underestimate the power of a sincere apology or explanation.
And when that feedback is positive, share it! Let everyone know about it through social media, a corporate video, website, etc.
Other ways to get that social proof that will help us to improve our reputation are:
- Naming those you have worked with or are working with.
- Publications and media.
- Prestigious clients talking about you and including photos.
- Guest-posting, writing posts on a blog other than our own, which is common in English-speaking blogs.
In conclusion, word of mouth is a totally effective tool, as people are more likely to believe the opinions of other customers and users, as they tend to be more honest.
what do you think about this marketing strategy, do you think it is good or bad, why, we read you!