Instagram is one of the fastest growing social networks, which is why many brands have decided to create their own Instagram profile for companies in order to have access to a series of functions and features that a personal account cannot offer.
what are the steps to create an Instagram account for your business?
If you already have a personal Instagram account with brand-appropriate content and a solid follower base, one option is to convert it to a business Instagram account. This gives you access to all the business features and makes the transition organic for your existing followers. To do this you must:
- Sign in to your personal account within the app.
- Click on the profile icon to enter your profile.
- Tap the three-line icon at the top right of the screen, then click Settings.
- Click Switch to company profile, then click Continue.
- Add your contact information: your Instagram for Business account should include an email, phone number, or physical address (or all of the above).
- Click Finish.
If you do not have a personal account or your account does not represent your business, you should choose to open a new business account. To do so, follow these guidelines:
- Download the Instagram app for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Open the app and click Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and click Next. If you want to connect your business account to your Facebook business page, be sure to use an admin email address to sign up or click Sign in with Facebook.
- Choose your username and password and complete your profile information.
- Select Finish.
how do you create a good Instagram strategy?
- Optimise your profile. First, improve your bio by using your brand voice and conveying your personality, as well as using a casual, professional or even edgy tone, depending on what makes sense for your business. And second, choose the best profile picture. For most businesses, the best profile picture is some version of their logo. Use the same picture you use on your other social profiles to help people identify your brand.
- Define your target audience. Before you choose the type of content you will post on Instagram, you need to think about the audience that will see it. You should determine who the people who already buy your brand are and review analytics data from your other social channels to learn about the people who already follow you there.
- Set goals and objectives - As you build your Instagram presence, it's fine to have goals based on metrics like likes, the number of people following you or comments, but make sure you have goals that relate to your actual business objectives.
- Commit to an approximate regular posting schedule. Once you start building a following on Instagram, your fans will want to see posts from you on a regular basis. Your purpose should be to keep them aware of your brand and encourage interactions with your content.
- Create a visual aesthetic for your brand - Instagram is a highly visual platform, so it's important to have a recognisable visual identity.
- Use Instagram Stories - content that disappears after 24 hours and live streams make Instagram Stories the perfect place to take risks.
- Write captivating post descriptions. Instagram may be a visual platform, but that doesn't mean your post descriptions aren't just as important. Descriptions allow you to tell stories that make your posts even more meaningful. With them, you can make your followers stop and think, you can try to make them laugh, and you can foster a connection with your brand.
- Usethe right hashtags. Hashtags help make your Instagram content easier to find, since descriptions on Instagram are not searchable, but hashtags are. When someone clicks or searches for a hashtag, they see all the content associated with that term. This is a great way to show your content to people who don't already follow you. Also, you may want to consider creating your own branded hashtag. A branded hashtag represents your business and encourages your followers to share photos that fit that image. This can create a great source of user-generated content and foster a sense of community among your followers.
- Respond to comments and mentions- take the time to respond to comments in an authentic way every time someone mentions or tags your brand.