It may sound strange to you because Instagram is an application for smartphones and tablets, but nowadays you have the possibility to use it from your computer.
Maybe you didn't know this functionality, but it can be useful to use Instagram web. If you don't know how to do it, don't worry, in this post we will tell you all about how to publish your photos from the website. Keep reading so you don't miss anything!
how to post on Instagram from your computer?
We often save our photos on our computer, especially if we have taken them with a professional camera or if they have been sent to us by email, so being able to upload them from our computer would be a plus and a time saver.
Although technology is fast, we cannot deny that having to send the images to our mobile phone is a task that we would like to avoid, even if it only takes a few minutes.
This service is relatively new, it is true that the web version of Instagram has been working for some time, but it was very simple, but as of 2021 it is now possible to publish via computer.
Here are the steps to follow to post from your computer, regardless of whether you have a PC or Mac:
- go to instagram.com and log in with your account.
- just like on the mobile app, you will find a button in the top right corner with a "+" symbol. After clicking it, a "Create new post" window will appear.
- now you just have to drag or select from your computer your photo, or photos if you intend to upload a carousel, or video. Remember that the Instagram carousel only allows you up to 10 files, you can combine images and videos.
- once you have chosen the image or images, as in the app, you can crop and adapt your photo to the Instagram format, which as you know, each social network has a specific size for its publications.
- now that you have your image adapted to the format, it's time to apply the filters and edit the image to your liking. Obviously this step is not necessary, but if you want to retouch it a little, you can do so without any problem.
You can apply the different filters offered by the social network and in the intensity that best suits you or edit it with the basic editing parameters, such as: brightness, contrast, temperature, saturation, etc. Write your copy.
- write your copy. This step is not necessary, not everyone writes a caption, but if you are in the world of digital marketing and especially if you have a business or are an influencer, this step is important. Just as you would do on your smartphone, write your copy, add the emojis and then move on to the last step.
- it's time to share your post, click on "Share" and your photo will appear on your Instagram feed.
You can do all these steps without touching your mobile phone for a second and, as you have read through all the steps, if you are used to using this app, it is exactly the same but on your computer.
This option is ideal for not having to change devices every time you want to share content on this social network. Doing everything from your computer saves you time and effort.
what options are not possible from Instagram web?
The web version of this famous social network still has some limitations, and this is where these two options that we can only do from the mobile application come in:
- posting Reels. The social network's latest novelty to compete against Tik Tok is only possible from the mobile phone. Currently, we can't create or share reels from our computer.
- sharing Stories: We know that Instagram stories are one of the favourite parts of this social network, but for the moment, it is not possible to create or share them from the computer.
- using Instagram Shopping. It is not yet compatible with this type of business, so images containing product tags will appear without tags in the web version.
The rest of the functionalities can be done from the web version, such as sending direct messages, replying and posting comments, interacting or watching live broadcasts.
can you publish without having a company profile?
The answer is a resounding yes. It is not necessary to have a company profile to be able to share your photos from your computer, as you can do so with a personal account.
It's true that on many occasions it has been said that if you don't have a professional profile there are features that you can't do, but to share content it's not necessary, and the best thing is that you don't need to download the application or use extra applications, just go to Instagram.com and log in.
now it's your turn! You already know about this new feature to share your photos without having to pick up your phone and with your personal account.
It's true that you still can't publish stories or reels from your computer, this functionality will have to wait a bit. But we tell you that it's not impossible, with external applications such as Creator Studio or Hootsuite it is possible to publish them. But we don't recommend this option if you don't have a company.
we hope you enjoyed reading this article!