Instagram continues to grow every day, that's obvious. As you know, many users join simply for entertainment and fun, but many others are trying to become influencers or at least aim to get as many likes on their posts as possible. Especially for the second group, it's important to know how to choose the perfect time of the day and week to upload a photo to your profile or post a story.
is there anything you should consider before posting on Instagram?
The answer is yes, there are three key things to consider if you want to reach the maximum number of people:
- The demographics of your target follower. People who work the typical 9-5 job might be more likely to look at Instagram in the morning, while college students who stay out late might be more active in the evening. Identifying your target audience can be an important first step in figuring out what time of day they like to check Instagram.
- Time zone differences. If you have followers or a target audience from around the world, posting at specific times of the day may not get the same results as if you had followers who mostly live around the same time zone. For example, if most of your followers are from North America who live in typical North American time zones, you might start experimenting with posting on Instagram around 7am and another around 9pm.
- Engagement you've noticed. Be sure to pay close attention to any increase in interaction when posting at certain times of the day. No matter what the research says or what experts tell you about optimal times and days to post, what ultimately matters is the behaviour of your own followers.
what is the best day of the week to upload a photo to Instagram?
With the above considerations in mind, the weekend can be a great option for everyone, as in many cases it's a time to disconnect and try to forget about the world of work, which is why many people take advantage of it to use social networks more and post the plans they're making.
In fact, according to a study carried out by Metricool in 2020, Sunday is the best day to post a photo on Instagram.
what is the best time on weekdays to post on Instagram?
In case you can't take advantage of the weekend to use social networks, let's move to midweek. So you should know that, from Monday to Friday, the best times to post on Instagram, according to Sprout Social, are Wednesdays at 11 a.m. and Fridays between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST), although there is also a high level of audience and interactions from Monday to Friday between 18:00 and 19:00 hours.
However, remember that in addition to taking into account the data provided, you should also find out what are the best times for you and your content in particular.
Tips for posting on Instagram
- follow your daily posting habits, i.e. you can post at breakfast, break time, lunchtime, after work and in the evening.
- choose the right hashtags for each post and add a simple text to accompany the image.
- take into account the trends of the moment: what people are talking about that day, the current hashtags or the topic that has been the talk of the week.
- post videos or Reels - Instagram Reels allow you to create fun videos, edit them into 15-second clips and add special effects. Unlike other types of posts such as stories or feed posts, Reels are displayed publicly in the Explore section, making them a valuable opportunity to increase your account's visibility and reach.
- follow instagrammers or influencers you like, comment on their photos and share them.
- write awesome captions - they should be consistent across all your posts. Instagram captions can be up to 2,200 characters, so you can write anything from a quick comment to a whole detailed narrative. However, keep in mind that only the first two lines of text will be visible and to see the whole caption you will need to click "see more".
- be consistent in your posts and activate notifications from your favourite users so that you don't miss their posts.
Finally, remember that each account has its own unique way of interacting with its audience. Therefore, there are many ways to define the best time to post on Instagram. The important thing is that you take into account the specific characteristics of your audience and post accordingly. Similarly, don't be afraid to experiment and try new things to measure the reach you can achieve.