A backlink for SEO is an inbound or outbound link that points from the page of one website to the page of another. Now we will tell you about the types and how to get a good backlink. Attention!
what are the different types of backlinks?
- Dofollow: This backlink transmits authority to the page it links to, helping it in its positioning. When someone links to your page with a dofollow, they are recommending Google to follow your link because it provides valuable content. This link transfers trust and does not have the nofollow attribute added.
- Nofollow: This backlink does not convey any authority and recommends Google not to follow your link. However, in September 2019, Google announced that when nofollow was introduced, no links marked in this way were counted as a signal to use within the search algorithms. Today the story is different, as all link attributes are treated as clues as to which links to consider or exclude within search.
- Sponsored or paid links: Sometimes you may pay someone well-known or influential to promote a piece of your content or to publish a review of one of your products. You should be very careful with this backlink, as paying to get a dofollow link is a violation of Google's quality standards and can affect your site's ranking in the SERP.
- UGC links: These links with UGC attribute are those that come from forums and blog comments, i.e. user-generated content. This attribute is used to label all links generated by users. It is not mandatory, but rather a recommendation from Google to better identify this type of links.
- High authority links: These are links that come from trusted sources. For example, a link from the newspaper El País already has a reputation and earned trust, so it makes sense for Google to trust a link from this newspaper. They can also come from established websites that are already trusted by Google .
- Toxic or unnatural links: These links usually come from suspicious or low-quality websites or are those that do not meet Google's quality standards and are only looking to manipulate search engine rankings.
- Editorially placed links: This link is used because a journalist has taken the decision to link to another website, which they feel deserves more authority and traffic. The use of this link is not intended to manipulate search engine algorithms, but to improve the reader's experience .
Best strategies to get good backlinks for SEO
- Participate in sweepstakes or contests. If you have a blog, do not hesitate to participate in sweepstakes or contests because, by appearing in the official listing, you gain a completely natural link from a site with great authority.
- Create infographics, which area valuable and visually attractive content format that many use to complement their own content by linking to the source. Also, don't forget that GIFs exist and can go viral.
- Publish valuable content. This is the best way to get people to link to your website: creating and publishing quality content. This way your website or blog will become a reliable source. Nowadays you can create tutorials, reels, manuals, etc. Improve your brand image.
- Improve your brand image. Remember that everything goes through the eyes and working on your brand image is key to transmit professionalism and gain respect. By developing a good brand image, your content will be more attractive to users or readers and you will get more links.
- Get cited as a resource. If you have created excellent quality content or product, you should look to build links to be cited as a resource. This will bring trust and credibility to your site.
- Detect content stolen from you. Many people do not respect the rules of the internet and you may be surprised to find that your content has been stolen. It is recommended that you do a Google search to find out if someone has stolen your content. If you find someone who has, ask them to link to you and cite you.
- Guest blogging: This consists of writing a post on a blog external to yours as a guest author. In exchange, you will receive one or two links to the URLs you choose from your website. Ideally, you should make a list of the leading blogs in your sector and order them by total traffic, domain authority and community. This way you will know the most interesting sites to get quality links from
We hope that you have no more doubts about backlinks and that you apply the Inbound marketing and SEO positioning strategies that we have told you about today. Thank you very much for reading us!