how many companies ask themselves this question? Do they know how to do it? We are ready to give you the keys to build the most effective welcome email. Sending this message may seem simple, but doing it correctly may seem more complex. However, it is necessary to stop and think about it for a moment, as it is the first communication between your company and potential customers. It will also position you ahead of your competition by giving your customer extra value. Are you ready to learn how to make a correct welcome email?
what is a welcome email?
It is the basis of our relationship with the contacts in our database. Its importance is paramount to start off on the right foot in this journey. It is the first contact, so it is a challenge that must be defined correctly. The welcome email is the type of message that is sent via email after capturing a new subscription to the newsletter or a new registration on our website.
Email marketing is perfect for gaining the trust of our contacts and provide value from the first moment. Precisely for this reason, the welcome email plays an essential role to get good results. Unlike other emails that we can send from our technology company, the welcome email is the one that the user expects. And not only that, but is convinced that it will bring just what he needs.
The effectiveness of this type of email is very high, as shown by some studies on this issue: in general, "it has 86% more openings than other campaigns, and 200% more clicks on its content and Call To Action".
what role does it play in email marketing campaigns?
It is a challenge. It has become an essential practice to achieve the objectives set by companies. The welcome email is the most important of all the email marketing campaign that technology companies carry out. The reasons are the following:
- It is the first contact with users and, therefore, the beginning of the conversation between them and the company.
- Thanks to it, we can verify whether the new contact has subscribed correctly or not.
- Its wording must be very careful and perfectly defined.
- It must provide value.
- The relationship between the technology company and the contact will almost certainly depend on this message.
- It is an opportunity to make a great impression, or even increase and maintain the attention of new contacts.
In this first message, it must be very clear that it is the welcome email. It is a key communication that must be established after the subscription to the newsletter. With a reading rate of over 50%, the welcome email plays an essential role in email marketing campaigns. Can you imagine that your technology company does not do it correctly? Spending time on this message will be key to your strategy.
how can it help IT companies?
In Inbound Marketing there is an essential idea when it comes to generating any type of content and getting it to our buyer personas. We are talking about the main secret of this methodology: send the right content to the right person at the right time. If we apply this wise reflection to the welcome email, it would be logical to automate it so that users can receive it at the time they carry out the subscription.
In this way, the welcome email is a technique that helps companies in the IT sector in the following aspects:
- Initiate a conversation with potential customers.
- Increasing the click-through rate.
- Increased transaction rate between the parties.
- Opportunity to impress users, as it is an email that they expect to receive.
- Start from a base of trust.
In this type of message, our company in the IT sector must make its intentions very clear.
what should my welcome email be like?
In order to create a welcome email correctly, it is necessary to focus on the following aspects:
- Correct presentation: First of all, this message has a clear objective: to thank the contacts for their interest in our company. This is an intention that should be very clear, so the best place to place it is the subject and the development of the message.
- Enthusiasm in the content of the message: we can take this opportunity to explain why the product or service offered by your technology company is special.
- Brevity: We must bear in mind that the idea we are trying to convey is the following: "We are A, we are dedicated to B, and we can/want to help achieve C".
- Clarity: It is key for the user to be very clear about what to expect from you, as well as to generate trust and expectation.
- Contact information: It is important that in the welcome email you specify where and how they can contact you.
- Farewell with open communication. The ideal is to ask questions such as: Can we help you? In this way, you will be leaving room for the user to contact you again, to ask how your products or services can help them, etc.
The welcome email is a key technique to connect with your company's audience from moment one. If you don't follow these tips, you will be missing a great opportunity for business and success in your own email-marketing strategy. Are you ready to start and connect by email with your sales opportunities?
make your welcome email a unique and different message and get started!