Since the birth of Instagram in 2010, its growth has been truly incredible. Every day more and more users are joining and enjoying this application, and the latest update of the network now also allows you to "like" stories, something that is sure to revolutionise the world of "instagramers" even more. For all these reasons, it is important to know when to upload a post on your profile or publish a story so that it has an impact and reaches as many people as possible. Today we tell you all about it.
what to consider before posting on Instagram?
Before we talk about schedules or how to find the best time to post on Instagram, here are some things you should keep in mind:
- The demographics of your target follower. People who work the typical 9-5 job might be more likely to look at Instagram in the morning, while college students who stay out late might be more active in the evening. Identifying your target audience can be a first step in figuring out what time of day they like to check Instagram.
- Time zone differences. If you have followers or a target audience from around the world, posting at specific times of the day may not get the same results as if you had followers who mostly live around the same time zone. For example, if most of your followers are from North America who live in typical North American time zones, you might start experimenting with posting on Instagram around 7am and another around 9pm.
- Engagement you've noticed. Be sure to pay close attention to any increase in interaction when posting at certain times of the day. No matter what the research says or what experts tell you about optimal times and days to post, what ultimately matters is the behaviour of your own followers.
what is the best day to post a photo?
We already know that the weekend, in many cases, is a time to disconnect and try to forget about the world of work, so many people take advantage of it to use social networks more and post what they are doing.
According to a study carried out by Metricool in 2020, Sunday is the best day to post on Instagram, followed by Friday, while Saturday is one of the worst days to post something and gain an audience.
what is the best time to post on Instagram?
The best times to post on Instagram according to Sprout Social are Wednesdays at 11 a.m. and Fridays between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST), although there is also a high level of audience and interactions from Monday to Friday between 18:00 and 19:00.
However, as well as taking into account the data provided above, you should also find out what times are best for you and your content in particular.
Tips for posting on Instagram
- Follow your daily posting habits, i.e. breakfast, break time, lunch, after work and in the evening.
- Choose the right hashtags for each post and add a simple text to accompany the image.
- Take into account the trends of the moment: what people are talking about that day, the current hashtags or the topic that has been the talk of the week.
- Post videos or Reels - Instagram Reels allow you to create fun videos, edit them into 15-second clips and add special effects. Unlike other types of posts such as stories or feed posts, Reels are displayed publicly in the Explore section, making them a valuable opportunity to increase your account's visibility and reach.
- Follow instagrammers or influencers you like, comment on their photos and share them.
- Write awesome captions- they should be consistent across all your posts. Instagram captions can be up to 2,200 characters, so you can write anything from a quick comment to a whole detailed narrative. However, keep in mind that only the first two lines of text will be visible and to see the whole thing you need to click 'see more' .
- Be consistent in your posts, and turn on notifications for your favourite users so that you don't miss their posts.
Finally, remember that each account has its own unique way of interacting with its audience. Therefore, there are many ways to define the best time to post on Instagram. The important thing is that you take into account the specific characteristics of your audience and post accordingly. Also, don't be afraid to experiment and try new things to measure the reach you can achieve.