These 4 elements are the vital pillars of digital marketing. You have probably heard more about some than others, but they are all important for any brand. Are you planning your online marketing strategy? The best option is to address these 4 pillars to establish your online strategy in the long term. LET'S GET STARTED!
Defining the positioning
what is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation, also known as SEO, is search engine optimisation, a process used by many brands to improve their website's visibility in organic search engine results. Authority (popularity of the website) and relevance (the page's relationship to a search query) are two vital factors in ranking a company's website.
what is SEM?
The acronym Search Engine Marketing, better known as SEM, has become the most popular paid search engine advertising campaigns. Often it is the search engines themselves who offer us the tools to optimise visibility and advertise in their media. Google AdWords or Bing Ads, among others, allow us to generate quality traffic to the web.
what is ASO?
App Store Optimisation. You may not have heard so much about it, since its popularity has awakened with mobile applications. ASO is the positioning for mobile applications in order to achieve greater visibility. It fulfils the same functions as SEO positioning, but with the difference that ASO is responsible for positioning mobile Apps in virtual shops, such as Google Play Store or App Store. Its main objective is to ensure that a greater number of people can easily find the applications they are looking for.
what is SMO?
Social Media Optimisation focuses on all those actions carried out in social media, whether blogs, social networks, forums or others, as well as their optimisation to achieve the marketing and communication objectives set in the digital marketing plan. The 5 basic rules of SMO are: make it easy for the user to share content on social networks or other media, distribute it, reward those who help to spread it, adapt the content to other formats (videos, infographics, shlideshare...) and encourage mashup.
The benefits of SEO - SEM - ASO - SMO positioning
In general terms, SEO is achieved by implementing the content and code of the pages, SEM gets many visits quickly that can be transformed into revenue, SMO allows to make the web more social and facilitate the sharing of documents, followers and generate more traffic by recommendations, and ASO allows to increase the visibility of the mobile application and the number of downloads.
However, we want to go deeper into the advantages of each of these positioning:
- Long-term brand positioning, for which it is important to upload optimised content on a regular basis and to take care of it.
- Increase in sales or conversions: A quality website based on SEO actions will optimise the conversion rate of the page.
- Better loading time. An optimised page and a quality SEO on page will reduce the size and weight of the images and optimise the server to work quickly and efficiently.
- More targeted traffic. As it is a page positioned based on keyword research, you ensure that the traffic is of quality, as you offer what your potential customers are looking for.
- Promotion of good quality content, providing value to the user.
- Increased visibility of the brand in search engines. You will be able to position yourself at the top of Google results.
- Improved web usability, making navigation easier for users.
- Users know that the contents offered in the top positions are of quality and this gives them greaterconfidence .
Advantages of SEM:
- Increased traffic to your website in the short term
- It will save time to get a higher volume of visits.
- It is easily complemented with SEO, so we can achieve results in the short, medium and long term, and you can compare strategies to see which has been more effective.
- Monitoring: With Google advertising we obtain more detailed information about what users do, number of clicks, etc.
- Cost control, the budget is set by us without obligation.
- Greater segmentation: Google AdWords allows you to segment ads in many different ways.
- Attract customers. SEM generates traffic to your website in the short term, and it will be up to you whether they become customers or if they are just passing through.
Advantages of ASO:
- Increases sales.
- If it is a paid application.
- Itimproves the popularity of the application, especially if it is a mobile application advertised with paid advertising.
- Collect user data: This will help you to better understand and satisfy customer needs.
- Increased brand awareness, as long as this is an objective for the company.
- Customer loyalty. It provides greater engagement, downloads and visibility in the mobile application.
- It requires little investment and can be used with other ASO positioning tools, such as Google AdWords or App Snippet Preview, among others.
Advantages of SMO:
- Attraction of more traffic. Increases visits quickly, as they usually occur within a few days of starting the first SMO actions.
- Increased dissemination: The content will be disseminated as the information becomes more attractive to users.
- Increase the number of followers. The more people who share your publications, the easier it will be for you to achieve the expected results of the actions implemented.
Luck is not a strategy. Start making the most of the positioning tools you have at your disposal, combine them with Inbound Marketing and boost your brand's visibility through social networks, search engines and mobile applications. COME ON!