Audiovisual production is the art of creating new content for audiovisual media, such as television or cinema. In other words, it is a process that encompasses everything from logistical and technical resources to financial aspects, including the work that must be carried out every day. This term should not be confused with audiovisual communication, because although at first glance it may seem the same, it is not. We will tell you more about it.
what is audiovisual communication?
Audiovisual communication can be defined as the transmission of audiovisual messages through technological means, which integrate figurative, schematic or abstract images and sound elements such as music, sounds, noises and silence.
Audiovisual communication also involves the senses of the receiver through two senses: the visual and the auditory.
what types are there?
- objective: conveys information in such a way that only one interpretation can be given. It is very useful for documenting a story or event, projecting situations or communicating ideas.
- advertising: It is characterised by being easily understandable and attractive to a specific audience. It can have commercial objectives or the mission of propagating ideas for direct profit (propaganda).
- artistic: It aims to produce different feelings and sensations in the viewer, to move, or even to disturb and disturb, and its purpose is also aesthetic.
what types of audiovisual production are there?
- Commercials: This is the type of audiovisual production that we are most familiar with, as commercials are almost part of our daily lives. A commercial is an audiovisual support to an audience through television. Its duration is usually between 10 seconds and 70 seconds to promote a product, service or commercial institution. From one minute onwards and up to five minutes, the commercial can be called a capsule.
- Music videos (music videos): A music video is a short film made primarily for broadcasting on video, television and through Internet portals, which provides a visual representation or interpretation of a song or theme song. It is usually created to sell or promote a song and to build or reinforce the image of an artist or group, although it also has other uses.
- Film production is the process of creating a film and consists of several stages, including an initial story, an idea or a commission, from scripting, casting, shooting, directing, sound recording and playback, editing, and showing the final result to a large audience.
- Documentary film is a film genre based on the use of previously documented real images, with the intention of constructing a story. The documentary is the expression of an aspect of reality, shown in audiovisual form. The organisation and structure of images and sounds (texts and interviews), according to the author's point of view, determines the type of documentary.
- Documentary series: A documentary series is a documentary recorded in different episodes that pursues the same story and aims to tell a subject in considerable depth. It can be on any subject and from any period in history. In addition, the documentary genre can also be broadcast as a series on television, as well as its different variants, arising from a process of incorporation of techniques characteristic of other possible genres.
- Fiction series, also known as television series, is a type of audiovisual production made up of episodes with the same plot or theme. There are many types:
-Sitcoms or situation comedies.
-Political or social dramas.
-Suspense thrillers, action, adventure or spy thrillers.
-Historical, genre and biographical films.
-Science fiction, including dystopian and utopian.
-Children's juvenile films.
- Interview: In common parlance, the word interview refers to a one-on-one conversation between an interviewer and an interviewee, but in audiovisual productions, video comes into play to immortalise the interview.
- Corporate video is a video that aims to present your company or business, i.e. it is a letter of introduction to the company, highlighting those values that positively differentiate it from the competition. Corporate video refers to any type of non-advertising video content created and commissioned by a company, corporation or organisation. Today, the vast majority of corporate video content is on the Internet, posted on the company's website page and distributed through social media or email marketing. Corporate video content is targeted to the key demographics or internal data of that company.