We not only want to tell you how to make a company video, but also some tips to make your message remembered. Audiovisual information is the queen of understanding and retention of what you say. We are all somehow forced to evolve and adapt to the information society in which we live. If we are left out of this race, then we will be invisible to the customer. Are you thinking of making your first company video and don't know where to start?
Stick around and find out.
Use a creative briefing
It is an audiovisual piece that focuses on building a business image and on internal and external corporate communication. The first step to start building your video is to define the briefing. Never forget how to do it:
- Objective: What do you want to achieve with this video in your project?
- Audience. Who do you want to reach?
- Brand description. What are you like?
- Competition: Who are your competitors and what can you do to stand out?
- Type of video and graphics. Will it be recorded, with photos, characters, animated...?
- Specific needs- what do you need?
- KPI: How will you measure the effectiveness of the work done?
- Budget. How much money do you have available?
- Timing: What are the deadlines?
- Look&Feel: What aesthetics do you need in your video? Do you have an idea in mind?
- Format: Show the technical specifications of the design.
If you are going to put the video in the hands of a digital agency specialised in audiovisual communication, this brief will be a good basis to guide the team to make a corporate video that fits your company and your interests.
we hope you found it helpful! If you want to know more about the briefing, visit our article by clicking here.
Make an effective script that represents you
Once you've defined your brief, with your tastes, objectives, subject matter, specifications and so on, it's time to start thinking about the script. You can make a Hollywood movie level business video, with special effects, state-of-the-art cameras, drones and all the rest, but if your script doesn't engage the viewer, all that effort won't do much good.
Here are 6 simple steps to make a creative script straight to the goals you dream of. Take a look!
- Target your potential customer. Define them in a buyer persona and find out what their interests and needs are. Only then will you be able to satisfy them.
- Describe the problem. What are their concerns?
- Tell them about the solution. How can your products or services help them?
- Show them the benefits. What will they get if they buy your products or services?
- Create a call to action- subscribe! Visit our website! Whatever you want, but explain what the next step is if they are interested in what you have to offer.
- Follow the style line that defines your visual identity.
In short, grab their attention, present the solution to arouse their interest, explain how it works and end your video with a call to action to guide them along the way.
Build your video with these steps in mind
A picture is worth a thousand words, and that is the basis on which we are going to build our corporate video project.
- An idea: an idea that is creative, far from the usual, effective and that allows us to reach the public successfully. It will be the key to the audiovisual work.
- The images. They will depend on the type of video you want to make. Animation is a very good option for explanatory videos, for example. In corporate videos, video images predominate (with movement and sound) with a succession of shots (company facilities, workers, etc.). It is important to bear in mind the lighting, colour and sound, so you must have a series of basic knowledge or ask for help from experts in the field. It will be key to have tools for capturing the images (quality camera, supports, such as tripods or rails, to stabilise the image or make moving shots, among other things).
- Duration: The audiovisual piece should usually last around one minute and not be too long, and it is sure to be used on your website or social networks, so it is not advisable to go over one minute.
- Editing: This is the last step of our video and it is essential to achieve a good result. Editing programmes are used where everything we have recorded (raw) is dumped, mixed, tests are made, colours or sounds are corrected and the final video is composed. A common programme for editing is Adobe Premiere Pro, but there are many others.
are you ready to start your audiovisual project? Are you clear about how to make a company video? If you have any doubts, get them out of your mind and don't let them get into your head.
4 tips for making your corporate video
Some of them will be familiar to you, because we have already given you some clues throughout this post:
- Know the ideal audience to whom the video is addressed, so you can create a story that moves, impacts and engages.
- If you know the message you want to convey to the audience, it will be easier to translate it. Imagine you want to tell your customer 'I want you to buy more from my company'. The translation could be 'Because we love it when you come back! Knowing the message you want to convey will give you the clues to create the perfect call to action.
- Knowing the brand's origin is key to creating a real and powerful story.
- Identify the strategy in which the video is included, and thus create a very personalised proposal.
want to know more tips on how to build your videos? Follow us every week on the Occam Digital Agency blog.