You have probably heard a lot of talk about conversion and the relationship of this term with a higher number of sales. CRO, although it ends up increasing sales, this is not its sole purpose. Rather, what it seeks is to increase the conversion rate of our website, even if the web traffic does not undergo any noticeable change.
shall we see how it does it?
what is CRO?
CRO, an acronym for Conversion Rate Optimisation, is a term that is currently on the rise, thanks to which many companies are already improving their online sales results as well as their revenue figures.
CRO is a set of techniques and tools whose ultimate goal is to increase the number of visitors to a website that will eventually become customers of that brand. For example, if we have a website of makeup products that receives a very high number of monthly visits but the number of purchases that are made on it are very low, it means that something is not going as planned. But with the advent of CRO techniques, this can be solved effectively. CRO helps you convert. And we are not just talking about selling more. We can find many types of conversion: you can aim to sell or you can aim to obtain leads, for example. Conversion Rate Optimization tries to increase the conversion rate, although the traffic remains the same.
If you are asking yourself, what is conversion rate, it is time to talk about it.
The conversion rate or conversion ratio of a website is the percentage we obtain by dividing the number of goals achieved by the total number of visits to a website. In other words, this is the metric that measures the success of a website.
For example, if this month you have achieved 20 sales through your website and you have had 600 visits, your conversion rate is 3.3%. Or, for example, imagine that you have a website that is financed through user subscriptions, and that out of every 300 visits only 3 subscribe to your website. This means that your conversion rate is 1%. Well, here you have two options to convert more: you can increase the traffic to your website or you can increase your conversion rate through CRO techniques .
Step by step of your CRO in marketing
CRO, as we have already mentioned, is a strategy that seeks not only to generate more traffic to our website, but also to convert those visits into customers of our brand and generate a profit for us.
This strategy is based on a process that consists of six phases in order to be successful.
- Identify the problem and analyse it: By means of an analysis of our website we will know where our conversion rate is. If it is extremely low then we will know that there is a problem and we will have to analyse it in order to find a solution. For example, one of the problems could be that our website is abandoned too quickly by users without having made any purchase.
- Set up a hypothesis: Once we have identified the problem that is generating a low conversion rate, we have to set up a hypothesis about why our website could be failing and thus change some aspects. For example, if we believe that the problem is that our website is abandoned too soon, a hypothesis about why this happens could be that it is not visually attractive, or that it is not intuitive for the user and makes them abandon it.
- Check our hypothesis: When we have already raised a possible hypothesis, it is important to carry out tests and tests that allow us to check if it is true or if, however, we are not raising the right hypothesis.
- Propose solutions: If we have already checked our hypothesis and it turns out to be true, it is time to propose solutions. If we know what the problem is but we do nothing to solve it, we will not be solving anything. For example, if we already know that our main problem is that our website is not attractive or intuitive for the user, we can insert some images, change the design of the landing page...
- Analyse the result of the solutions: At the point where we have already made the necessary improvements to solve the problem, it is necessary to check if those solutions are working. We will again need to use the necessary tools to calculate our conversion rate and check if it has improved.
- Implement a system of continuous improvement: Once we have implemented the solution and it has had an effect, for the CRO strategy to be more effective it is advisable not to close the process, that is to say, it is convenient to always have a system that allows us to find problems and put solutions in place before a drop in sales of our brand is generated again.
how does CRO affect my company's marketing?
When we want to market our company, it is important to work on the CRO of our website, because after all, this is the one that will be the showcase of our brand and through which we will obtain the final sales.
The idea of implementing a system of continuous improvement as the last phase of our CRO strategy will be very beneficial for our brand because the important thing is not only to find the problem, put a solution and improve the conversion rate in a timely manner but to make it last over time. When we create a system that allows us to find the failures of our web business and solve them quickly and effectively will generate an improvement in our profits as well as the image of our brand in a progressive manner.
In addition, when you use CRO you are giving both your website in particular and your brand in general the opportunity to grow, adapt to new market trends, improve both its content and its design and can also help us in SEO positioning.
In short, implementing CRO in your online business mixed with your inbound marketing project will significantly improve your online business, as well as your company's profits.