Search engine optimisation or SEO consists of a series of techniques to optimise your website to improve its position in search engines, usually Google.
Inbound Marketing is a methodology that tries to attract customers by creating relevant and valuable content for them, combining marketing techniques and non-intrusive advertising. It aims to contact the user at the beginning of the process to accompany them through all the phases until the final transaction, i.e. the purchase.
Once you are clear about these two concepts, to relate them is to adapt your SEO strategies to each phase that the customer goes through until the purchase is made, which is what Inbound is all about.
It is not enough to prepare and adapt your website for search engines, it must have a correct web architecture, usability and offer a good user experience, in addition to the creation of quality content.
Now that you know what search engine optimisation and Inbound Marketing are, we will tell you how to improve your SEO with this methodology.
don't miss this reading!
how to improve search engine optimisation?
Performing a good SEO is not an easy task, especially when you start, because Google and other search engines are updated and therefore their algorithms change. But do not worry, we tell you some of the basic techniques to improve search engine positioning within the strategy of Inbound marketing:
- buyer persona: This is the first step you have to take before starting to apply other SEO actions. You have to have your ideal customer well defined, because all the content and strategies you carry out are designed with them in mind.
A buyer persona is the semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer, helping you to define who and how your audience is, allowing you to understand their needs, concerns, interests and pain points.
- keywords are the terms that users enter when searching on the internet. In SEO, keywords are terms or phrases that allow search engines to rank content and help users find the answer to their query.
Creating a good keyword strategy starts with studying and researching how users search for your site on the internet. Choosing the right terms is fundamental for your web positioning.
It is important that your keywords are not far from your business, brand or content, do not use popular terms if they have nothing to do with you because Google can penalise you.
We advise you to go for long tail keywords, as short terms are the ones that have more competition, and they allow you to reach people with a more specific interest, as they make a very specific search.
- web optimisation: A poorly optimised page can cause the user to abandon it in just a few seconds. Inbound marketing seeks to accompany the customer during all phases until the end, so having a well-optimised website is important. Moreover, in terms of SEO, poor optimisation causes you to lose positions in the SERP of the search engine. You can have the best content in the world, but if your loading time is slow or does not adapt to devices such as Smartphone, the website will not be positioned correctly. So do not leave aside the technical part.
- friendly URLs: When we talk about friendly URLs we mean those that are simple, without characters or numbers. It is important that the URL contains the keyword you are looking to position.
- create quality and relevant content for your buyer persona. As we mentioned at the beginning, it is essential that you always keep in mind the profile of your ideal customer when creating content, since you do it thinking about them and responding to their queries. Quality content, well structured, updated and optimised helps you to improve your positioning in search engines, because Google understands that it is useful for users.
We remind you that all your content has to contain the keyword or keywords you are betting on.
- perform a good Linkbuilding strategy. This marketing strategy is all the techniques that are carried out to generate links from external domains (web pages), with the aim of increasing the quantity and quality of incoming links to your website. This generates more web traffic, increases the authority of your site and that in the position of search engines.
It is important that these links are of quality and from pages with web authority, and above all, that they are related to your sector.
throughout this post we have told you which techniques are ideal to improve your search engine positioning and reinforce your Inbound marketing strategy.
Inbound marketing aims to attract customers in a non-intrusive way through the creation of quality content, and therefore, SEO is perfect to achieve it. Executing search engine positioning actions under this approach will allow you to attract more customers and get them to the end of the conversion funnel, i.e., the sale.
we hope you enjoyed reading this!