Differences and similarities: mobile and web applications
In recent years, talk of mobile apps and web apps has become all the rage. We all use them every day. Businesses do too. Why is that?
They happen to be part of the computing that runs on smartphones, on tablets or servers. They land on the iOS and Android track and there are hundreds, thousands and millions of things you can do with these systems. Fast, simple and efficient. But what do you need? A mobile app or a web app?
4 similarities and differences between mobile and web applications
There are some important characteristics that companies need to know in order to understand how apps work in business. These pieces of software have similar uses, but brutal differences. Here they are:
- ACCESS. In order to use the mobile App, you first need to download it to your device. The shortcut will be created and, in principle, you do not need an internet connection to use it, although you do need to download it. The web App always needs to be connected to the internet in order to work.
- HOSTING: While mobile apps are pieces of software or computer programs that can be downloaded from the Google Play or App Store, web apps need to be hosted on the server.
- DOWNLOADING: A mobile application is a programme that is downloaded and installed on a user's mobile device, while a web App "is a version of a web page optimised for perfect viewing on all mobile devices".
- UPDATES: Mobile Apps need to be updated, while web applications do not.
- DESIGN: Mobile application developers must create different pieces of software for each operating system or platform, however, as web Apps work across browsers, they are standard.
but before you move on to the next section, we want to remind you of an essential similarity between these programmes: their process. They share the steps that must be taken to develop both applications: briefing, planning, design, development, testing, launch, maintenance and continuous improvement.
Developers, a fashionable profession
It is wonderful to see how technology advances at the pace of human needs. Suddenly, you feel that everything would be much easier in your company if you had a system to store and organise your data and... BAM! That's why the profession of application developer and programmer is increasingly valued. It is one of the professions of the moment and with the highest growth expectations. The world is increasingly interconnected and we need someone to shape technology to adapt it to social needs.
Advantages of creating web applications for your company
We all use mobile applications. They are the most downloaded applications on the market, but the truth is that web applications also have perfect functionalities for companies. Many of them are unaware of them, and that is why we want to tell you about their advantages:
- Simplicity: If you have a computer and a good browser with an internet connection, you don't need anything else to get started.
- Immediate updates- they are automatically updated with the latest release.
- Compatibility - multi-device - multi-platform. They can be used on a wide range of platforms and devices. All you need to do is access them from your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
how are you organising your company's accounting? How do you protect your documents? How do you access them? What do you do when you need to share a project with the rest of the team and keep up to date with it?
Apps are there for this and much more.