The newsletter, the new parchment of the 21st century
The newsletter is an informative email that the company sends on a recurring basis (it can be daily, weekly, monthly...) and directly with the news that happens to the brand: offers, new product launches, compilation of the latest posts of your blog, etc. A newsletter is usually addressed to people who have previously subscribed to a list, the so-called subscribers, recipients of our emails.
A newsletter is usually addressed to people who have previously subscribed to a list, the so-called subscribers, recipients of our emails. We must be careful because the continuous sending of emails can become spam or unwanted mail, therefore, our newsletter should always give the option to stop receiving emails, in case users feel bombarded. In fact, this is mandatory by law (LSSI - Law of Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce).
In order for our subscribers to open the mail we send them, it must be eye-catching from the beginning, not boring and correct, that is, itmust provoke interest. To do this, we must know our user well. It is no longer enough to know their tastes, but we must know their name and surname.
- Simple and direct way of communicating with your customers or users.
- It allows you to inform them first hand of all the latest news about your brand.
- The mail is usually checked daily, so it is easy for your users to see the email.
- Users are subscribers who have previously subscribed to the blog or website and are interested in receiving information, it is a perfect filter.
- Affordable cost, there are some free platforms (limitations of subscribers and emails).
- Helps to build customer loyalty.
- Useful for SMEs and micro-SMEs.
- Getting users to subscribe is sometimes difficult.
- The opening rate ofemails has dropped, partly because of spam.
On theother hand, there are many different tools to carry out the newsletter. We are going to mention three, but there are many more, some easier than others, but in general they are all simple.
The first, and the one we use at Occam, is Mailchimp, a platform that helps you manage your subscriber lists, create email campaigns, and review campaign reports. You have several plans, the "Forever Free" plan allows you to send up to 12,000 emails per month and have up to 2,000 subscribers, then there are two more plans.
The second tool is MDirector. It provides very complete data and allows SMS Marketing, an action that we have been forgetting, but that we should continue to take into account. Regarding prices, like the first tool, it also has three plans, the free one allows you to send 5,000 free emails per month.
Finally, there is Doppler, not bad if you are a company that is just starting in the world of email marketing. It allows you to send emails to 500 subscribers.
But as we have already said, no matter how good the tool is, if the content is not worth it, it will be useless, so you know, let's get to work!
If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact us, we are at your disposal!